FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is every one doing in regards to a bipod?

What to do with the sling stud?

Post a close up photo of you rig if ya can.
:eek:

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
moreair said:

I did purchase a sling for my FNAR, but it doesn't work with the bipod on there. I pretty much figure that if I am going to the range.... Bi-pod and no sling.

If I ever do hunt with it.... sling and no bi-pod.

Even if you got one of those bi-pods with a sling stud integrated into it.... doesn't it get all tangled and in the way? I would love to hear other opinions. Good post moreair, I am glad you brought it up.

I wonder if some kind of sling more like a two point tactical or three point tactical makes more sense? How about a stud that attaches to the left rail on the foreend of the weapon? Perhaps that is too much stress for that rail on the left side of the weapon long-term? That kind of solution would at least get the sling away from the bi-pod area.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking the same thing, a side sling post. But like you said this gun will be shot from a bench or the ground with a bipod. Plus if you wanted to hike in somewhere, you could just get a drag bag with backpack straps. I can't use it for deer hunting in Ohio anyways, I have to use a muzzleloader or a shotgun.

Would like to see member's guns speced out with bipods. I think that there is just not a big enough fan /owner base at this point in time for a lot of photos.

When I get the cash to buy a bipod, I will post a picture for sure.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
moreair said:
Would like to see member's guns speced out with bipods. I think that there is just not a big enough fan /owner base at this point in time for a lot of photos.

When I get the cash to buy a bipod, I will post a picture for sure.
Do you know of a rail attachment that provides a sling post? I would love to see a photo and picture.

Here is my bi-pod.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got my FNAR and this will be my first bipod ever, so im just trying to figure this out. I have owned guns and have been shooting for 12 years , but 1st bipod :oops:

What brand of bipod is that in the picture? Looks nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its a GG&G Extreme Heavy-Duty. Ordered mine when they went on sale (expires 2-28-09-specials page) at GG&G. Been waiting...on back-order for 5 weeks now.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Yeah, that is what mine is. It was originally for my M4 at the range.
I didn't want a spring system for a few reasons.

1. I thought simple is better
2. The bi-pod without springs is a lot quieter.
3. The bi-pod is among the lightest of the options out there.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
moreair said:

I was looking ver the three rail sysem on the front of the FNAR this weekend. It looks to me like the sling slug can be put on ANY of the three rails. It appears to attach to the rail in much the same way as a screw. I didn't have time to try and move it, but if so, that sure would make it easier to have BOTH a sling AND a bi-pod.

Has anyone attempted to move their sling stud to a side rail?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bipod sling solution

Get the Harris bipod with a sling swivil stud HBL-S in between the legs. $100

Then get a pair of the UNCLE MIKE'S QD Super sling Swivel (cut & paste this to google.)mounts around $25

Then an AR silent sling (the black issue sling) $10

I am posting higher prices than can be found to show this is not expensive

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Re: Bipod sling solution

sd307 said:
Get the Harris bipod with a sling swivil stud HBL-S in between the legs. $100
You know I looked at that solution carefully. I am glad you brought it up. I was concerned that having the stud there would STILL be a tangle problem, no? It just doesn't seem wise to have the sling so close to moving parts.

Of course for me personally I ALREADY own my GG&G bi-pod so there would be NO cost associated with it, especially if I can move the existing sling stud already on the bottom rail of the FNAR.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ick said:
Has anyone attempted to move their sling stud to a side rail?
Yeah, it was easy. Just stick a 1/8" drill bit through the hole, cover it with a rag and turn counter clockwise with a pair of channel locks. It'll feel like it wants to break, but won't (Locktited in).

Put some blue locktite on it and screwed it into the left side rail.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree, just miving the stud from the bottom to the side would be the best option. Just saving my cash and I will pull the trigger on a bi-pod. Thanks for the photo, it looks wicked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tips on the GG&G;
First, adjustment so that the legs open fully but don't wiggle is a little iffy
but can be done by loosening the nuts and retightening in a slightly
different position.
Second, tho my FNAR can take the shock of hundreds of rounds without
anything changing...The Bipod needs blue loctite or one will be
chasing nuts and washers at the range.
Third, I don't know why Bipod manufacturers confuse their product with
four-wheelers. I don't need traction. In fact, I plan to retrofit nylon
pads so the thing can slide better on recoil rather than hop.

These points aside, I could beat an opponent with the GG&G if I ran out of ammo. I could drive railroad spikes or jack up the family van with it. It doesn't go SPROING when I open it and doesn't catch on alders and flip open when I don't want it to.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Couldn't tell much from their site but I like the concept. I'm getting a BAT/S and will order that pod to go on front - If I don't like it, someone here will buy it from me.
Your "Molon Labe" is poignant considering what you have there - Hope there's a bunch of ammo, too! What is the one on the right?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is what I got. Thanks for all of the input. GG&G Bi-pod from SWFA. It just came in the mail today. The quality of this thing is top notch. Aparantly you have to be a rocket scientist to post a picture. Oh well.
[/url]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts