FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are starting to trickle in - 1.800.635.1321 - don't call the Virginia number (AC 703) as Bob will just refer you back to these folks. I've been dealing with Shannon in parts and he's taken good care of me.

FYI - for you adventurous souls, the PN for the screw/bolts for the mag block is B 317 77 81AJ; they only had 10 this afternoon in stock and Shannon, wisely, would only sell me 2.

You'll find they have been loctited into the receiver and when you try to remove them, you'll probably round the head out unless you have heated it a bit (soldering gun) to break the bond.

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the info!

Yeah, one of mine is rounded a bit.... still seems to go fine if I bang in this one particular allen wrench I have though, haha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Spare Parts List

Could anyone post a list of spare parts to support the FN AR in case support becomes unavailable?

Thanks,

Exgunn

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Sure:

Every component you feel might break, wear out, rust, melt, corrode, oxidize, seize up, our just plain get too ugly to look at. Whatever parts are available, from a practical standpoint should be purchased, such as any spring which is subjected to high temperature or multiple duty cycles per round fired.

What you need to ask yourself is: How many rounds per year will I fire X how many years I plan on keeping the gun? If that number exceeds 15000, then I would have a spare contoured barrel on hand along with an extractor assembly, recoil assy, and firing pin and spring. Last but not least, those pesky little action screws that FN loctites in the action which everyone seems to have a problem with breaking.

If your number does NOT exceed 15000, then don't bother.

WATCH SIX

·
Registered
20 Posts
refined question

Thanks Sarge

Following up, How about a prioritized list, based on costs and Murphy's Law.

exgunn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts