FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased an fnar in july 2013. I heard lots of good things on you tube about this gun @ ranges out to 600 yards. So i took my new gun to the range scope with a shepherd 6-18. I pulled this scope off my a-bolt browning and had no issues with it there so i put it on this fnar. I got good groups with the gun but i had the scope adjusted all the way to the right and @ 100 yards was hitting a foot and a half to the left. I pulled the scope off and put a yard stick along the side of the rail to check alignment with the barrel. Barrel went to the left and the yard stick went to the right. Boxed it up and sent it to fnh-usa. In 2 months they decided it could not be fixed and they sent me a new one. I was very pleased till i got back to the range and found out that the new fnar they sent me that was checked out buy their quality control people was just like the first one. I boxed it back up and sent it back right away. I'm still waiting for the next new one that they say is being made for me. I can tell you that $1800.00 does not come easy to me and i am not happy with the service at all. They told me the next one will be checked out before i get it. I told them the other one was checked out too. The thing that scares me the most. The serial numbers were 800 apart from my first gun to my second one. I would like my gun or my money back, asap
"thanks for letting me vent on this forum"

·
Registered
510 Posts
I purchased an fnar in july 2013. I heard lots of good things on you tube about this gun @ ranges out to 600 yards. So i took my new gun to the range scope with a shepherd 6-18. I pulled this scope off my a-bolt browning and had no issues with it there so i put it on this fnar. I got good groups with the gun but i had the scope adjusted all the way to the right and @ 100 yards was hitting a foot and a half to the left. I pulled the scope off and put a yard stick along the side of the rail to check alignment with the barrel. Barrel went to the left and the yard stick went to the right. Boxed it up and sent it to fnh-usa. In 2 months they decided it could not be fixed and they sent me a new one. I was very pleased till i got back to the range and found out that the new fnar they sent me that was checked out buy their quality control people was just like the first one. I boxed it back up and sent it back right away. I'm still waiting for the next new one that they say is being made for me. I can tell you that $1800.00 does not come easy to me and i am not happy with the service at all. They told me the next one will be checked out before i get it. I told them the other one was checked out too. The thing that scares me the most. The serial numbers were 800 apart from my first gun to my second one. I would like my gun or my money back, asap
"thanks for letting me vent on this forum"
I'm sorry you had to experience that.

I have heard of this issue from other FNAR owners.

Since 2010, the QC of FN has made me really sad.

1800 is extremely overpriced; FNARs can be had at $800.

·
Registered
280 Posts
1800 is extremely overpriced; FNARs can be had at $800.
Hey Blue,

It really doesn't help to tell someone you're sorry their gun stinks and they "paid too much for a gun" and throw out an unsubstantiated price. $1800 might be high, but if you can find them for $800, you should buy all of them you can and resell them on Gunbroker right now where they are going for around $1200.

Yeah, the rail problem is a common issue and many others have been provided with just as bad a replacement rifle from FNH USA. I too am not as excited about the FNAR as I was when I first took it to the range. (See the tread "In Search of 1 MOA") Since you paid $1800 for your FNAR I would consider asking for your money back and put this towards a better platform, like a SR762 or even a SCAR 17S if you still would consider an FN product. Not sure I would.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to sound rude.
I'm trying to ride this one out to see if FN-USA will take care of this issue.
They say they are building me a new one now. I'm just disappointed that it's taking so long.
Each time I call they say check back in another 2 weeks.
I'm hoping for a happy ending someday soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The scope rail on my gun became loose after 1000 rounds or so... so did the accessory rails. I did have some experimental reloads contributing to over pressure but blue loctite and new metric screws fixed the problem... this gun can be a bear if you like to work on them yourself but don't be afraid of it... after the first time you break it down and put it back together just do it again a couple more times... after that its a breeze. I put all my guns through the ringer so regular maintenance is part of the routine.

Sent from my XT907 using Outdoor Forums mobile app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank You Longshot for your input and I also purchased a Fnar in dec of 2012 and just rembered I had to shim my scope to zero it in some what ,I also my need to contact customer support for mine .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank You Longshot for your input and I also purchased a Fnar in dec of 2012 and just rembered I had to shim my scope to zero it in some what ,I also my need to contact customer support for mine .
Took them 6 months to replace mine for the same problem!! Then when they replaced the gun, it didn't have the pistol grip, a 5 round mag instead of the 20, and the rail was still not right!!!!!!!!!!!! Told them to keep it got my money back and bought a Smith MP-10. Still have 10 20 round mags, I want to get rid of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update on Calling Customer Support Talked with a Service Tech for about 4min. then he said send it to them and they would look at it for me .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello, everyone. I'm new here, and signed up because I have a Browning Hog Stalker, which seems to me to be extremely similar to an FNAR Heavy. This thread caught my eye because I also have significant scope base mis-alignment. Specifically, the front base (the Browning-labeled one has a 2-piece base set) is tilted a bit to the left. 9 mils of right windage on the scope has be on paper, but I'm not zero'd yet.

The question I have for you all is: Has this issue, if you've had it, been a problem with the scope base/rail being improperly manufactured, or are the mount holes in the receiver misaligned?

Thanks for any help or input.

P.S. I'd rather take care of this myself if it's not too tough, though I know Browning will address it for me if I need them to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can see what you're saying, I think, but don't you think that depends upon whether it's a mis-manufactured base or a mis-manufactured receiver? If it's a receiver problem, Browning/FN can't fix it, either; they'll just replace it. If it's a base problem, as some here have reported warped bases, I would think I could just get another base, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great idea! Is the bolt pattern of mine, that of the FNAR (FN tells me it is _not_), or is it that of the other BARs, or is it something else?I started another thread asking for help with some FNAR bolt pattern measurements, if you wouldn't mind measuring a couple things for me(?).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts