FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new FN website surprised me with some iteams I didn't even know existed.

FN USA pic
Is this like a modernized BAR? Does anyone have any more info? Like price, availability, and accuracy.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
The heavy barrel is only 1 pound heavier than the light barrel. 10 pounds isn't bad at all.

I think I would like to get a light barrel though, with 10 round mags, a bipod, and a Leupold 4.5-14x50 Mark 4.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I like everything from the receiver foreward, but I'm not impressed with the pistol grap buttstock. It makes it look cheap/low-tech. I wish they had put something like a AI stock on it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i hate the looks too, but you have to remember that looks arent everything.

usually FN pays a good deal of attention to ergonomics afterall.

and if you'll remember, there's a good deal of snipers that used a stock very similar to this on their M14's. sure, ugly as ****, but appearantly it worked well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
the stock youre thinking of sua i believe is the a2 wooden stock and was actually meant for fully automatic m14s in viet nam

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree the stock is a bit odd looking, but I am otherwise intending to save my pennies for one of these. I love the way FN uses proven designs for certain things and improves upon them. They may not have the movie facetime HKs and Berettas do, but FNs are IMO some of the best in the world.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the stock youre thinking of sua i believe is the a2 wooden stock and was actually meant for fully automatic m14s in viet nam
ah, good to know that's where they originally came from. i basically know very little M14/M21 lore... as a belgian i'm better versed with the FN FAL, you see. 8)

but as Fiveseven says, they lived past that and still surface today on some scoped M14/M1A rifles.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Setzer77 said:
I agree the stock is a bit odd looking, but I am otherwise intending to save my pennies for one of these. I love the way FN uses proven designs for certain things and improves upon them. They may not have the movie facetime HKs and Berettas do, but FNs are IMO some of the best in the world.
Well their marketing slogan was I think "real world products, real world performance." ;)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Ya know, the butt stock they put on this FNAR is the same one they put on the FN Tactical Shotgun.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I wonder how much it costs?

·
Registered
268 Posts
solidarnosc said:
Well their marketing slogan was I think "real world products, real world performance." ;)

"real world products for real world operators"

my free FN shirt just so happens to be my favorite shirt actually.

As far as cost, I don't imagine it's going to be an especially cheap date. The SPRs are a couple k and up depending on the variant. These are semis, and have the same accuracy standards, I don't see it being pretty.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I completely agree, THIS is what I'd like to se on the FNAR:

That looks like a McMillan stock. I really like that rifle. I'd snag that one in a heartbeat, especially if they did it in .300Win Mag.

Where did that come from? If it's a custom job, I'd really like some info.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Germanic, they are built by a company out of arizona. Cant remember their name, but you could do a web search and find it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts