Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
d lewis said:
hi new to fn forum what is the going price for good fnc 223
no box one mag.
In addition to condition, the price depends on a few things: 1) Whether the rifle has a fixed or folding stock. 2) The barrel's length (16" or 18"). 3) If there are any extras (i.e. spare parts and accessories).

If you do a quick search on the various sites, I think you'll find the typical retail range is $3200-$3800 depending on the package and configuration.

There is a guy on Sturmgewehr who is trying to sell a fixed stock variant (no pictures) that by comparison seems priced to move at $2900.

·
Registered
156 Posts
d lewis said:
it is a fixed stock 18" barrel.
That configuration is going to be on the low end of the range because people want the shorter barrel and folding stock since those features are considered more "tactical." If you do not have the box, manual, spare parts or accessories, that will also cause the price to be on the lower end of the range. You are going to have to be patient if you are holding out for the full retail price in this market. People are being squeezed right now with higher gas prices, food prices, and uncertainty. Bigger ticket, discretionary purchases are being postponed.

Your real market are individuals who want to have it legally converted into a Class III firearm or individuals who have a Class III FNC with a registered sear and are looking for a back-up / spare parts gun. If you need to move it quickly, I'd suggest listing less than the $3,000 mark. It's a psychological barrier and if the person is looking to do a conversion, pricing it over $3,000 will negate the savings of buying a rifle that has already been converted.

One can find good examples of Class III FNC's between $7250 and $7600. (I don't know if it is still available but there was a former range rental Class III FNC being sold at less than $7K but that one had a high round count on it.) The sears are in the $3500 - $3600 range right now. I have read conversion costs are in the $550 - $650 range. The shipping and tax stamp adds more cost.

-If you are not under a time constraint, list it at $3200 and see what interest you get. Be prepared for tire-kickers and the popular wife/girlfriend excuse...

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have one that is like new but it has the fixed stock and I don't know what the barrel length is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.