FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed it has been two years since I stumbled across this forum while looking for some answers regarding my then new FS2000. And like some house guests, I never left. It has been a good ride. I've come to know quite a few damn decent folks and one or two (possibly more) very puzzling mutants.
I just wanted to thank all those that have informed, entertained and generally made interesting the last couple of years.

Here's to the future!
Here's to that soon to be mine SCAR 17!

Have a great holiday season.

Scott
(akitainu)

My wife, over my shoulder, has requested that you steer me towards lest costly endeavors...I'm sure she's only kidding.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Congrats!

Same deal for me, my wallet has gotten quite a bit lighter from being here (and will continue to :-D)

I suppose we're just enabling each other :D

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
WOOT! It's nice to have your knowledge and humor around here as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've felt said effects to the wallet too??? Do you think this condition is bad? While it is easier to sit without leaning, now I find it harder to justify any spending???

·
Registered
376 Posts
I haven't been here long but the time that I have you have made this a fun place to visit as well.

As for being apart of less expensive endeavors...it could be worse!:wink:

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I guess I have been a bonafide member for about 1.5, a lurker for a little while before that...
My wallet has been lightened, but it has been a " Journey " . My wife ( The Colonel ) has even put in place a small arms embargo... LOL She say's I'm only allowed to sell !!!! No more buying...
We will ( I will ) tend to take things for granted and not realize what I have compiled. I made a couple friends from my club this weekend and I met an actual FN Forums member also ... 1st time ever. ( superwrench1 )... he too loves reading all the posts & replies & technical information. I told him.... if you have an " FN " this is " The Best Forum ! My other new friend seems to be an enthusiast like ( self ) and I actually met him out shooting in the mediocre Michigan weather ! We have been developing a " Special round " for my AR's.
He said and I quote.... you really have a nice collection there ! This is coming from a guy who has dbl the # of guns.
I really did not realize that alot of GO's don't have several high end weapons. They have more of a mix. I can only attribute this to ( our forum ), it seems you can't go wrong with FNH !
I love it here and plan to stay.... arms embargo or not !!!:wink:

·
Premium Member
13,710 Posts
:smile: SCOTT IT'S BEEN A REAL PLEASURE TALKING TO YOU AND READING ALL THE SH*T YOU HAVE POSTED:biggrin: VIEWING YOUR COLLECTION OF FIREARMS AND ALL YOUR CRITTER PICTURES ARE ALWAYS FUN TO SEE. GLAD TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND AND HERE IS TO MANY MORE YEARS OF FORUM CHATTER:th_143: OH BY THE WAY I HOPE I'M NOT IN THE PUZZLING MUTANT CATAGORY:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
You bring a lot to the forum man and thanks for being here. Mostly it's your witty and self-depreciating humor that I enjoy the most, you're a good guy in my book!!!

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all! Like I said, there are many, many good folks here. Looking forward to another year.

Reactions: P-Factor and LESTER

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Two years is a drop in the bucket with the entertainment value and mental enrichment to be had around here. I looked at a couple of other forums when searching for a platform specific answer and this place is 100 times better then anything I've seen so far. Mostly because there tends to be quite a bit of respect for thy fellow man flying around here. Folks here are generally easy to get along with and full of knowledge. Thanks for the humor and information you bring here Scott.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Your post made me look at my join date. Hard to believe that I've had my PS90 for around 2 years now. Then came my FNX and 5-7. I'm about 2 weeks behind for my 2 year anniversary, and 1000's less posts. I lurk around an awful lot, and yes, this place has caused my wallet to get lighter also. I've enjoyed reading your posts, and seeing your pictures along the way. Here's to another good year for everyone. :th_143:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I am truly blessed that you fine folks have allowed me to inhabit this place as long as you have. I am not worthy:MM:!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm only a month behind Scott, having joined in Jan 2012 not long after getting my FsN, because I wanted to learn more about it.

Like for Scott, membership here has been a costly venture for me. I've learned a lot more about FHN products, and have enjoyed doing so. But my participation here has definitely induced me to spend a a bunch of money acquiring more FNH products. Perhaps more than I should have. ....... Definitely more than I should have.

But unlike for Scott, my spousal unit has no idea of how much. Financially, I would have been better off if she had found out. :redface:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Happy Anniversary! That just feels weird saying that to a dude. Thanks for helping be an enabler here on the forum. You guys are much hated by my wife at times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts