FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Darwin and I'm from AL. I don't currently own any FN firearms but I have been considering picking up a SCAR 17 to add a 7.62 to my collection. I joined this site to learn a thing or two about the rifle so I could make an informed purchase.

Cheers,
Darwin

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Here's my advice on the 17: Get one. Then, get another one. Then, worry about all the upgrades you want to do to make it the perfect rifle. Then get a 16. Then, get another 16. Then get an sbr stamp, a few supressors, an FNX 45 tactical, a p90, an fn 5.7 to go with your p90.....

Actually, the best advice I could give you would be to run like hell. Your wallet will thank you. But, get the 17...:-D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum! Here's my advice on the 17: Get one. Then, get another one. Then, worry about all the upgrades you want to do to make it the perfect rifle. Then get a 16. Then, get another 16. Then get an sbr stamp, a few supressors, an FNX 45 tactical, a p90, an fn 5.7 to go with your p90.....

Actually, the best advice I could give you would be to run like hell. Your wallet will thank you. But, get the 17...:-D
You sir, may have an addiction. I dig it.

I'm pretty certain I'm going to jump on a fde 17 when I find the right deal. It seems like a good design with a very nice power to weight ratio. The 16 doesn't do anything for me. In 5.56 I'll stick with my ARs.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You sir, may have an addiction. I dig it.
I wish I had all that. (My funds won't allow it) but the list is long... The longer I hang around this place the longer the list gets.

It all started when I bought my 17.

Although, you can ask Big Buckeye Guy about HIS addiction...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcome! The scar 17 is awesome! So are the baby brother/sister 16s. I have had scaritits since joining this forum after purchasing my 17. Hold on to your wallet.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome from NC! Great choice in a battle rifle.

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome. I just placed an order for a SCAR 17 in FDE and a few mags. Now to hunt down a Super Scar Trigger and order a variety of ammo to see what it can eat.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new inbound 17, I think you will really enjoy it. Man the price is so good on them right now I am ready to pull the trigger on a black one to go with the FDE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts