FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked if/when an FNS-9 LS barrel/slide/spring kit would become available for owners of an FNS-9. The reply I got said definitely "No", and further that FN pistols are "Custom fitted" by "Artisans". Does this sound right to anyone? I'm leaning toward this sounding like wrong information. Any Gunsmiths care to comment? They also said that the cost of the barrel/slide/spring is most of the cost of the gun. Comments appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
That's the first I've heard of it. I can't comment on the FNS/FNS-LS (I only have one)...but I've swapped slides and barrel on my FNX45/Tactical without issue.

Artisans? That's rich. It sounds like something I'd say when I'm f'n around.

Now, I will say that the slide assemblies I've seen are on the pricy side...nearly the cost of a whole pistol.

Reactions: Canine Casanova

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Artisian's ???? OK
Anyone else hear that great sucking sound ? Next thing you know the Federal Govt will pick up on that rhetoric and the IRS will be using Artisian's to calculate our tax bill...

No disrespect intended to " OP "

My apologies,,, The Colonel just told me to find $74K to pay off our twin daughters college ed bill ????? I said WHAT ?????

On another note ... the FN 9 is a pretty sweet shooter ( night site / no safety version )

·
Registered
510 Posts
Why do you guys keep asking these silly questions when referencing FN's "customer service".

If you didn't know already, it was taken over by Browning.

FN used to have quite the customer service. Now, you should not listen to ANYTHING they say. It is run by ignorants. They have sent wrong parts out an umpteenth iteration of instances.

Reactions: tkarl

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why do you guys keep asking these silly questions when referencing FN's "customer service".

If you didn't know already, it was taken over by Browning.

FN used to have quite the customer service. Now, you should not listen to ANYTHING they say. It is run by ignorants. They have sent wrong parts out an umpteenth iteration of instances.
Actually, I called because my local gun shop said that FN was 'no longer' making silver slide versions of the FNS-9! MORE wrong information. So, I called to clear that one up, then added the LS/slide thing off the top of my head. I think they make it up as they go along -- but I do think the Service Department is a different story completely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts