FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

3. Please read through previous Q&A sessions so as to not ask a duplicate question.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

3. Please read through previous Q&A sessions so as to not ask a duplicate question.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

1. In regards to the civilian SCAR system, will the SCAR H be able to utilize SCAR L barrels or is that a LE/MIL feature? Different Calibers.

2. When do you expect to make replacement parts available to the public for the PS90 and F2000? You should be able to order parts from Browning-Arnold, MO Facility 800-322-4626.

3. What happened to the bolt action 5.7x28mm PBR? Pushed back until 4th Q 08.

4. Where are the SLP shotguns manufactured and assembled? Parts are made in Belgium and the U.S. and assembled in the U.S.

5. Is the SCAR-H magazine propriety? Yes, it is a modified FAL body.

6. Is the PS90 White Reticle Ring Sight with the plastic housing the HC-14-62 and the Black Reticle Ring Sight with metal housing the MC-10-80, or is it the other way around? I don't know, I will try to find out.

7. Can you elaborate on the striker fired gun and subcompacts due out later? Are they new designs or just smaller renditions of the current FNP design? New design.

8. Will adjustable rear sights for the FNP series ever be available? Not at this time

9. Any idea as to when one can pre order SCAR-L from a FN dealer? There will be a small amount of SCAR-L available only through FNH Stocking Dealers late this year.

10. Will FNPs and FNP9Ms continue to be available in the SAO variant? Those models are discontinued. We will have DA/SA with manual safties to replace them.

11. Will the SCAR series be available in finish colors other than FDE?Not at this time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi FNMAN. Thank you for addressing my question....

In regards to the civilian SCAR system, will the SCAR H be able to utilize SCAR L barrels or is that a LE/MIL feature?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ashe said:
When do you expect to make replacement parts available to the public for the PS90 and F2000?
That was asked in the very first Q&A - but as the timeframe has passed, it is worth asking again :?

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Since its posted differently everywhere online, is the PS90 White Reticle Ring Sight with the plastic housing the HC-14-62 and the Black Reticle Ring Sight with metal housing the MC-10-80, or is it the other way around?

·
Registered
132 Posts
If I may, can you elaborate on the striker fired gun and subcompacts due out later? Are they new designs or just smaller renditions of the current FNP design? Thank you. and my .45 rocks.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Will adjustable rear sights for the FNP series ever be available?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Will FN sell 10" SCAR-L barrels so we can legally SBR our Standard version? Or better yet, sell the CQB model as a NFA item to those of us lucky to live in a NFA friendly state?

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
medic103 said:
Will FN sell 10" SCAR-L barrels so we can legally SBR our Standard version? Or better yet, sell the CQB model as a NFA item to those of us lucky to live in a NFA friendly state?

Thanks!

David
I can answer that now - the answer is almost assuredly a "no."

As with people who are short barreling their FS2000s and PS90s - you will have to look to the aftermarket market for such an item.

I will bet that after the gun is out for a while - you will see an aftermarket alternative.

For the PS90 - CMMG was the first. And now, there are some other alternatives - including some of our sponsors. FN hasn't gotten into the civilian NFA market yet, and I just don't see it happening.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pre order SCAR L from FN dealer

Any idea as to when one can pre order SCAR-L from a FN dealer? Or is it still too early?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Are you not making the SAO FNP's and the FNP9M anymore?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok - all 10 spots are filled. Thanks for all who participated.

FN Man will be here to answer the questions when he has the time. :?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.