FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I am extending the time for them to be answered , because of the Christmas holiday and New Years. However, FNMAN may surprise us and answer early after the 10 questions have been posted - we'll see . :?

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

1. What is FN's office stance on the shelf life of SS195LF if properly stored? Some reports indicate 2-10 years, due to the lead free primer. What does FN officially say? There should be no shelf life issues because of the lead free primer.

2. Would you be willing to divulge the approximate number of PS90s and FS2000s FNH has sold to date? Sorry, confidential.

3. What is the shelf life of the SS197 if properly stored? Indefinite.

4. Are there plans to offer the FNP-9 (SAO) in a target-version with a slightly longer barrel (similar to the CZ75, XD9 Tactical, BHP). Not at this time.

5. It looks like FNH USA is branching into body armor. Can you provide any additional details, or do we have to wait until the SHOT show? LINK
Must be a mis-print, we don't make body armor.

6. Will there be a subcompact FNP (smaller than the "M" sized FNP)? Yes, late '08, early '09

7. Can you give us more info on the upcoming release of the SCAR - any details you could provide would be appreciated! LE ONLY next month. Commercial SCAR Light 4th Quarter '08 SCAR H Jan. '09

8. Does FN (or is FN able to) provide a way to confirm via serial number the manufacture date of an FN product, specifically my FNP-9? Give me some time to ck on it.

9. Has the ATF classified it the PS90 flash hider as a muzzle brake or a flash hider? Are the brakes pinned for the "no barrel thread" states like NJ? It is a muzzle brake.

10. When will the FS2000 Standard (equipped with 1.6x optic) be officially available in the US market? It is available now!

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
What is FN's office stance on the shelf life of SS195LF if properly stored?
I have heard 2 years and 10 years. What does FN officially say?

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
How can we (or when will we) be able to get some FN Schwag? Heck, make me PAY FOR IT in an online store for gosh-sakes.

Looking for FN hat, FN button down oxford shirt in FN blue....whatever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ dreams of 5.11 gear FN shooter's shirt~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [fade to black]

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polecat said:
Any prospects of a subcompact? Or, can you elaborate on the striker fired gun? Thank you,
Dave
Subcompact what? 5-7? FNP? Just wanted to clarify.

I thought in one of the past Q&As they stated there would be no smaller 5-7 pistol. But, I might be imagining things....

·
Registered
10 Posts
FNP-9 Target/Tactical version ???

Are there plans to offer the FNP-9 (SAO) in a target-version with a slightly longer barrel (similar to the CZ75, XD9 Tactical, BHP).

arnold r.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Could you please provide as many details you are allowed pertaining to the civilian release of the SCAR?

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
ick said:
How can we (or when will we) be able to get some FN Schwag? Heck, make me PAY FOR IT in an online store for gosh-sakes.

Looking for FN hat, FN button down oxford shirt in FN blue....whatever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ dreams of 5.11 gear FN shooter's shirt~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ [fade to black]
Has my question on FN gear been asked and answered elsewhere?

·
Registered
53 Posts
FNP Serial Number System

Gentlemen,

Does FN (or is FN able to) provide a way to confirm via serial number the manufacture date of an FN product, specifically my FNP-9?

Shootemup

·
Registered
8 Posts
PS 90 break. has the ATF classified it as a break or a flash hider. are the breaks pinned for the no barrel threads states like NJ.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay - ALL 10 question slots are now taken... No, with the holidays, we wait until FNMAN can get a chance to get here and answer.

Walther USA was closed for the holidays a week before Christmas almost. So, I don't know what his work schedule is like.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: FNH Q&A - January 5, 2008

ShipWreck said:
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I am extending the time for them to be answered , because of the Christmas holiday and New Years. However, FNMAN may surprise us and answer early after the 10 questions have been posted - we'll see . :?

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

1. What is FN's office stance on the shelf life of SS195LF if properly stored? Some reports indicate 2-10 years, due to the lead free primer. What does FN officially say? There should be no shelf life issues because of the lead free primer.

2. Would you be willing to divulge the approximate number of PS90s and FS2000s FNH has sold to date? Sorry, confidential.

3. What is the shelf life of the SS197 if properly stored? Indefinite.

4. Are there plans to offer the FNP-9 (SAO) in a target-version with a slightly longer barrel (similar to the CZ75, XD9 Tactical, BHP). Not at this time.

5. It looks like FNH USA is branching into body armor. Can you provide any additional details, or do we have to wait until the SHOT show? Must be a mis-print, we don't make body armor. LINK

6. Will there be a subcompact FNP (smaller than the "M" sized FNP)? Yes, late '08, early '09

7. Can you give us more info on the upcoming release of the SCAR - any details you could provide would be appreciated! LE ONLY next month. Commercial SCAR Light 4th Quarter '08 SCAR H Jan. '09

8. Does FN (or is FN able to) provide a way to confirm via serial number the manufacture date of an FN product, specifically my FNP-9? Give me some time to ck on it.

9. Has the ATF classified it the PS90 flash hider as a muzzle brake or a flash hider? Are the brakes pinned for the "no barrel thread" states like NJ? It is a muzzle brake.

10. When will the FS2000 Standard (equipped with 1.6x optic) be officially available in the US market?
It is available now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.