FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

3. Please read through previous Q&A sessions so as to not ask a duplicate question.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

1. Any new news about new accessories or ANYTHING else coming out for the PS90 for 2009? There will be a new C-More mini red dot sight model coming out in '09. It should be in the new catalog and on our web site soon.

2. Any chance of a 325 WSM in the SPR or other bolt action line? Not at this time.

3. When will the FNP 45 be sold in California? At this point it won't due to the inability to meet CA requirements.

4. Any future plans of the .338 lapua mag being used in any of FN's bolt action rifles? Possibly, 2010.

5. Can you highlight the technical differences between the new SPR models and the past SPR series models? Same rifle but made in the Columbia, SC machine gun plant. They should be better rifles than those that came from New Haven. There will be a 5 and 10 rd DBM available on new models and it will be available to retrofit to older rifles. Yea!

6. Will night sights and threaded barrels ever be made for the FNP line? Night sights are available on 9's and 40's. We will have night sight kits available for the .45 in '09. There may be a .45 model with a threaded barrel available in '09.

7. What is the warranty for the FS2000? It is warrantied against manufacturers defects.

8. Will FN ever offer a pistol caliber carbine? Not at this point.

9. Is the SCAR Heavy still due to be released in the first quarter of 2009? No, the SCAR light will be available starting late Dec. '08/early Jan. '09. The SCAR heavy will probably not be available until late '09/2010.

10. When is the 5.7x28 bolt action going to be released? (2008 or 2009) Late 2009 or 2010.

11. Can you tell us what the pricing will be on the SCARs?FNH does not set retail pricing on its products. That is up to the dealer.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
What differences, in specs, features, and choices, will there be with the new SPR models compared to the past SPR series models?

Thanks FNMan for taking your time to answer the questions we raise.

FN, FNMan, and FNForum.net Rocks! :shock:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Any future plans of the .338 lapua mag being used in any of FN's bolt action rifles?

·
Registered
43 Posts
nightsights & threadded barrels for the FNP line,... when are we going to see them,. or are they just a myth?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Last month but it wouldnt hurt to get an update :?
8. Will FN offer Night Sights as accessories on their website for those that have already purchased the FNP .45 without them?
Probably, I will get clarification.

·
Registered
373 Posts
What is the warranty for the FS2000, and what is the expected barrel life (number of rounds) of the same firearm? Is it possible to purchase new barrels from FNHUSA?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dtheman said:
What is the warranty for the FS2000, and what is the expected barrel life (number of rounds) of the same firearm? Is it possible to purchase new barrels from FNHUSA?
Gotta read the rules :x - Just 1 question, not 3 :x :x

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Thanks Ship for condensing my question. Why didn't I think of that! Oh, I was half asleep when writing it, well the technical half anyway. LOL!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SONYtec said:
Thanks Ship for condensing my question. Why didn't I think of that! Oh, I was half asleep when writing it, well the technical half anyway. LOL!
:? :? :?

I try to shorten the questions whenever possible :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
There wouldn't be much of a point...

·
Registered
373 Posts
ShipWreck said:
dtheman said:
Gotta read the rules :x - Just 1 question, not 3 :x :x

:x It was a three part question wreck.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry :lol:

It was 3 different questions. Someone tries to do that everytime. U can get the others in on future questions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can we post a number 11 this time? I'm interested to know the logic behind the pricing of the SCAR-16S, and I'm sure others are as well.

I realize they waited until after the election to release pricing info, so I wonder if Obama winning and the democrats gaining seats has anything to do with it. Maybe fear of a potential ban?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.