FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

---------------------------

1. What will be the new official launch date of the FNP 45? Everyone is anxiously awaiting. They are starting to ship now.

2. When will be the 5.7x28 bolt rifle become available and what the MSRP might be? Late '08 Priced about the same as a PBR Rifle.

3. Can you please tell us about the new striker fired FN pistol which made mention on the Michael Bane website? The new FNP-PLS will be available late '08/early '09. It will feature a pre loaded striker system similar to a Glock trigger.

4. What is the serial number and manufacture date of the first PS90 sold? Info not available.

5. Will FNH-USA offer a 357 Sig conversion kit for the FNP-40? Possibly later this year.

6. There will be a L and an H version of the SCAR. What parts will they share (will the receiver be the same)? They share 82% of parts. The barrel, lower receiver, mag and bolt are different.

7. Since the new SS198 is LEO restricted, is there plans for another civilian 5.7x28mm round? Maybe a FMJ round? Not at this time.

8. Any plans to offer FNP mag springs as an available part for sale? Parts are availale from Browning's facility in Arnold, MO 800-322-4626.

9. The FNP manual calls for use of a lubricant that meets MIL-PRF-63460 but is Teflon free. Without endorsing any one product, can you identify products that meet your specs? Militec or X-Kote

10. Will an extended recoil pad be made available for the FS2000 to bring it over 30" in overall length? Not at this time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Please tell us about the new striker fired FN pistol which made mention on the Michael Bane website? Thanks, and I would just like to say this type of corporate response is fantastic.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NetJunkie said:
Will the results from the Primary elections affect the decision to offer a civilian SCAR?
Honestly - I don't think that's a question to be answered by Ken Flood of FNH. Obviously, FN wants to make money and they have decided to sell the SCAR to civilians eventually. Unless there is some sort of new weapons band, that should stay consistent. No one can see into the future...

I don't think that is a question that can be answered by him. Sure, anything could happen, but it's not really a "product" question. I'll put it up if we don't end up with 10 questions. But otherwise...

If U want to come up with a new question, feel free...

·
Registered
40 Posts
No worries. I'm just curious how they would react knowing the civilian SCAR is scheduled for late '08. I have the same concern with a few companies and new products being announced for late in the year.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Will FNH-USA offer a 357 Sig conversion kit for the FNP-40? I know I would buy one.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BlitzPig said:
Will FNH-USA offer a 357 Sig conversion kit for the FNP-40? I know I would buy one.
Added it, but I would bet the answer is no. ll of these conversion barrels you see for various guns are always from aftermarket barrel makers.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Thanks ShipWreck.

I ask because I am always leary of aftermarket solutions to things as central to the firearm as the barrel and recoil spring tuning.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand - but, I would bet 99.99% that they will say no.

There is supposed to be a .357 Sig version of the FNP according to what was said a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ShipWreck. Could you amend question 2 to include a projected MSRP guesstimate for the 5.7 bolt gun?

Did you know that "Guesstimate" was in the spell checker??? :D

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I was wondering about parts commonality on the SCAR? What parts exactly are different between the L and H? Particularly in reference to the reciever.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tqtran said:
Since the new SS198 is LEO restricted, is there plans for another civilian 5.7x28mm round?
The way he made it sound two Q&A sessions back was that there would ONLY be the new law enforcement round - oherwise I imagine he would have mentioned anything else. But, I'll add it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hate to do it, but every month since I've joined I've wanted to ask...

For the FNP series - why are mag springs not sold seperately - any plans on doing so?

Drew

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John Gael said:
will fn ever sell brass for people to reload with?
Already answered in the Oct 8, 2007 Q&A... We don't wanna duplicate questions..

Here was the answer:

6. Will 5.7X28 virgin brass be made available for loaders/re-loaders and if yes, then when and by whom?Possibly in 2008.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The FN-P manual calls for use of a lubricant that meets MIL-PRF-63460 but is Teflon free. Without endorsing any one product, can you identify products that meet your specs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.