FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

3. Please read through previous Q&A sessions so as to not ask a duplicate question.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

1. Will the pistol grip stock be available for the SLP as an Accessory to retro fit to the standard stock? Probably

2. How long before we start seeing FNP-45's with Night Sights? 60 Days

3. Will we be able to purchase different barrels for the SCAR? Yes

4. Is the release of the (civilian) SCAR system still ON SCHEDULE? At this time yes.

5. Will the 5.7 ammunition be produced by anyone else than FNH like Winchester or Federal, to result in a overall price reduction? Along with FNH, Federal will be the likely producer of the 5.7x28mm ammo in the future. I doubt there will be a price reduction. FNH has not taken the masive price increases that the other ammo makers have taken. In fact, 5.7 ammo is some of the cheapest rifle ammo on the market.

Will FNH offer a threaded barrel for the 5.7 pistol for a suppressor? Not at this time.

7. Does FN have any plans of making metal charging handles or other internal parts, so breakages can be prevented? Not at this time.

8. Can you provide us with more detailed information on the new FNP sub-compacts (barrel length, frame dimensions, similarites to other firearms, etc)? Not at this time, sorry.

9. Are there any plans to build an Export Approved (no flash hider, barrel over 18.5", and in the case of the SCAR, a fixed stock) model of the PS90, the FS2000, or the SCAR? No.

10. Is the bolt handle on the SCAR reciprocating? Or does it stay in place? It is reciprocating.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My question is this:

Will the pistol grip stock be available for the SLP as an Accessory to retro fit to the standard stock? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
630 Posts
will be able to purchase differnt barrels for rhe SCAR?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does FN have any plans of making metal charging handles or other internal parts, so breakages can be prevented?

i sold my fs2000 when my charging handle broke because i no longer trusted its structural integrity
i would love to buy another fs2000 if it had a metal charging handle (due to its 7 parts, just in the charging handle)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Will the 5.7 ammunition be produced by anyone else than FNH like Winchester or Federal?
good question....im for this one! :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok, so I've got two questions, take the one you like best :)

Will FNH offer a threaded barrel for the 5.7 pistol for a suppressor ? Please....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Question #5 is pretty much been answered already.

Here's a link: http://www.fnhusa.com/le/press/detail.asp?id=37

I'm surprised the news isn't already all over this forum. <-there's an announcement up top.

EDITED WITH MY QUESTION:

Can you provide us with more detailed information on the new FNP sub-compacts like, barrel length, frame dimensions, similarites to other firearms, etc............?

Trying to decide if I should wait on a highly needed sub-compact purchase.

Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Fine McLovin....

Edited:

Will the 5.7 ammunition be produced by anyone else than FNH like Winchester or Federal, to result in a overall price reduction?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Fine McLovin....

Edited:

Will the 5.7 ammunition be produced by anyone else than FNH like Winchester or Federal, to result in a overall price reduction?
That would be nice! :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in Canada.

Are there any plans to build an Export Approved (no flash hider, barrel over 18.5", and in the case of the SCAR, a fixed stock) model of the PS90, the FS2000, or the SCAR?

Thanks

EDIT, from what little I know of individual US state law, it sounds as though this would be similar to so-called AWB states like CA and NY.
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=8324

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Question: When is FN going to sell 357 Sig and 40 S&W barrels for FNP owners who have either 357 Sig or 40 FNP's so they can switch them out whenever they want to?

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Shipwreck, I think I messed up. In January's questions I found a question asking about a "conversion kit" for 40 cals to 357 Sig and vice versa I believe.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Shipwreck will you update my question to:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Furyataurus said:
Shipwreck, I think I messed up. In January's questions I found a question asking about a "conversion kit" for 40 cals to 357 Sig and vice versa I believe.
I knew that question has been answered - - I THOUGHT. BUt I looked and couldn't find it - I'll take it out since it was answered

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dtheman said:
Shipwreck will you update my question to:

Ok - I'll do it this time :?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.