FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

3. Please read through previous Q&A sessions so as to not ask a duplicate question.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

1. When will the FNAR be released for public sale? Early June.

2. Do you have a ballpark price (MSRP) for the SCAR light? Not at this time.

3. How many FN Forum members here would have to commit to a "group buy" in order for FN to enable an early buy of the 5.7 PBR (first run would be great). If this is possible, what would the price be? Sorry, not possible, we only sell through distributors.

4. Are we going to see higher power 5.7x28 ball ammo (for civilians) at any point soon? Not at this time.

5. Can you show us any photos of the new sub-compacts/striker fired pistols which are due out soon? Not at this time.

6. Are there any plans for any other bullpup rifles? Sorry, not at this time.

7. Is the FNP compact set to be discontinued? The "M" model was discontinued in '07.

Any plans for a 6.8 spc in the SCAR, and will it be based on the SCAR light? There has been work on the 6.8 for the military. Not sure if it will be offered as a commercial rifle.

9. Is FN was coming out with 10 round detachable box mags for the SPR? Yes, we are working on that as we speak.

10. Which models of PSR rifles are available/shipping?[/quote] None at this time. The first PSR's won't be available until 1st. Q '09.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is my "one" question.

How many of the posters here would have to commit to a buy in order to enable an early buy of the 5.7 PBR (first run would be great).

If the answer could be phrased to include info on these it would be great. Since the last answer on pricing was not real definitive.

Also the prices of the various PBRs varies quite a bit from $650(give or take) to $1200+ or so depending on dealer and specifics) What price would we be looking at (if it's doable)? :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does FN have any plans to produce the FS2000 and PS90 with a Flat Dark Earth colored stock?

·
Registered
630 Posts
any plans for a 6.8 spc in the scar and will it be based on the scar light?

·
Registered
249 Posts
:)

Is there a source for pictures/more info. of the new sub-compacts/striker fired pistols due out soon?

Edit as needed Ship.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This may have been asked already but I did not see it in any of the Q&As. My apologies if it has.

Will there be any compact or sub compact pistols that use the 5.7x28mm rounds and if so when can we expect to see them.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robert S said:
This may have been asked already but I did not see it in any of the Q&As. My apologies if it has.

Will there be any compact or sub compact pistols that use the 5.7x28mm rounds and if so when can we expect to see them.

Thanks
Oct 28th, 2007 Q&A:

Q: Are there other Stock Colors (beside Black and OD Green) in the works for the PS90? Possibly Flat Dark Earth

Is there any other 5.7x28mm pistols planned?

A: Not at this time.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BreakerDave said:
Does FN have any plans to produce the FS2000 and PS90 with a Flat Dark Earth colored stock?
Already answered:

Oct 28th Q&A:

Q: Are there other Stock Colors (beside Black and OD Green) in the works for the PS90? Possibly Flat Dark Earth

Is there any other 5.7x28mm pistols planned?

A: Not at this time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
10 round mags for the SPR?

I heard a rumor FN was coming out with some 10 round detatchable box mags for the SPR.

Any truth to this?

·
Registered
475 Posts
yes I have looked at their online catalog before. I've been waiting patiently for the release of these rifles.

The reason I asked a general question was because I was hoping to get an answer to several questions such as which models are shipping?, (I heard only the PSRI and PSRII would ship first), what calibers are shipping?, (there was some indication these would be offered in more than just .308), and how much are they?

if the answer was no, i was hoping to get an approximate shipping date and the above questions answered.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: 5.7 PBR ?

usmcronin said:
any word on a FNH produced 5.7x28mm bolt action rifle? PBR ?
Sorry - as I stated above - all 10 question slots have been filled. You are welcome to throw that 1 up next time we do this, however :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: FNH Q&A - May 30, 2008

ShipWreck said:
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.
2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.
3. Please read through previous Q&A sessions so as to not ask a duplicate question.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

1. When will the FNAR be released for public sale? Early June.
2. Do you have a ballpark price (MSRP) for the SCAR light? Not at this time.
3. How many FN Forum members here would have to commit to a "group buy" in order for FN to enable an early buy of the 5.7 PBR (first run would be great). If this is possible, what would the price be? Sorry, not possible, we only sell through distributors.
4. Are we going to see higher power 5.7x28 ball ammo (for civilians) at any point soon? Not at this time.
5. Can you show us any photos of the new sub-compacts/striker fired pistols which are due out soon? Not at this time.
6. Are there any plans for any other bullpup rifles? Sorry, not at this time.
7. Is the FNP compact set to be discontinued? The "M" model was discontinued in '07.
Any plans for a 6.8 spc in the SCAR, and will it be based on the SCAR light? There has been work on the 6.8 for the military. Not sure if it will be offered as a commercial rifle.
9. Is FN was coming out with 10 round detachable box mags for the SPR? Yes, we are working on that as we speak.
10. Which models of PSR rifles are available/shipping?
None at this time. The first PSR's won't be available until 1st. Q '09.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.