FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Are there any plans for a PS90LV? NO, not at this time. It would be real expensive.

2. Will there be other chamberings for the civilian semi-auto SCAR than 5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm? Probably 6.8.

3. Will there be any FN logo merchandise for sale? Probably in 2008.

4. Are there any upcoming deals to have other ammo companies manufacture 5.7 ammo? Possibly, Can't discuss it now.

5. What is the life expectancy of a PS90 magazine.(How many rounds can fired through it)? It depends on how you load it. If you drag the round against the feed lips as you insert it, it will shorten the life span. Always push the round down all the way before you push it back.

6. Will 5.7X28 virgin brass be made available for loaders/re-loaders and if yes, then when and by whom?Possibly in 2008.

7. Will the FNP-45 be available in a tactical threaded barrel version? If yes, when?Not at this time. There will be a USG version in dark earth with manual safties as well as DA/SA.

8. Are there any plans for a Ring Sight exchange program? If not will we be able to purchase the new version?Not at this time. Possibility of a purchase.

9. Has any thought been given to a shortened version "Commander" length slide to the standard Hi-Power?[/quote]We will not offer the hi-power pistol again. We are letting Browning be the sole offering. They are in turn not building any more Pro-9/Pro-40, allowing us to have all the production for FNP's.

Thanks for the questions-Ken Flood, Deputy Director of Field Sales, FNH-USA

·
Registered
114 Posts
Q: Will there be other chamberings for the civilian semi-auto SCAR than 5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm? Thinking mostly of a 7.62x39mm convertion kit or a 6.5mm Grendel DMR.

·
Registered
857 Posts
With so many complaints about the white PS90 sight, and it now being replaced totally by the black, how/why did the white site actually make it into production?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With so many complaints about the white PS90 sight, and it now being replaced totally by the black, how/why did the white site actually make it into production?
I don't believe that you are going to get an answer to a general question like that. It's akin asking why the gas operated AR ever made it versus the new piston operated one.

Weakness are sometimes not seen until months/years into the service of the weapon.

In this case, FN realized the weakness and rectified it. It's not like the sight "never worked". It worked, but poorly.

-TH

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thermallator said:
I don't believe that you are going to get an answer to a general question like that. It's akin asking why the gas operated AR ever made it versus the new piston operated one.

Weakness are sometimes not seen until months/years into the service of the weapon.

In this case, FN realized the weakness and rectified it. It's not like the sight "never worked". It worked, but poorly.

-TH
I still think it's a valid question. I have a rifle i paid $1800 for with a sub par sight. Most people pick this rifle up right away and their first comment is "I can't see the reticle in the sight". I assume FN must of tired out the sight also, and i am curious what their line of thinking was on bringing it to market

They have no exchange policy for the old sights and don't seem to want to admit there is anything wrong with them, yet all new PS90's are coming with the improved black sight.

If we are only asking softball questions than leave it out, but i am curious as to the reason. I would be happy with a nice simple truthful answer like "It was a design flaw that was overlooked", but i just wanted to hear it from the horses mouth.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Well, being that they are being gracious enough to answer "questions," I think this could either be worded better - or, this falls more along the lines of a "complaint."

I have my own opinions about the white ring sit too, but I don't think this belongs as a question.

·
Registered
857 Posts
How about "What led to the development of the black sight and it ultimately replacing the white version?"

·
Registered
114 Posts
How about "What lead to the development of the black sight and it ultimately replacing the white version?"
different conditions & requirements. the white sight is still sold in Europe and very few people (law enforcement and military) have complaints. (those who do get a triple rail anyway)

sure, it might be a ***** to go shoot a white sight in the desert, but it aint a problem in urban or forest environments... and since there aint no deserts in Europe... well, you can figure it out for yourself. ;)

though personally, i'd admit that the inner ring shouldve been black, the dot and outer ring white.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Are there any plans for a Ring Sight exchange program? If not will we be able to purchase the new version?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: FNH Q&A - Ocotber 12, 2007

1. Are there any plans for a PS90LV? NO, not at this time. It would be real expensive.

2. Will there be other chamberings for the civilian semi-auto SCAR than 5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm? Probably 6.8.

3. Will there be any FN logo merchandise for sale? Probably in 2008.

4. Are there any upcoming deals to have other ammo companies manufacture 5.7 ammo? Possibly, Can't discuss it now.

5. What is the life expectancy of a PS90 magazine.(How many rounds can fired through it)? It depends on how you load it. If you drag the round against the feed lips as you insert it, it will shorten the life span. Always push the round down all the way before you push it back.

6. Will 5.7X28 virgin brass be made available for loaders/re-loaders and if yes, then when and by whom?Possibly in 2008.

7. Will the FNP-45 be available in a tactical threaded barrel version? If yes, when?Not at this time. There will be a USG version in dark earth with manual safties as well as DA/SA.

8. Are there any plans for a Ring Sight exchange program? If not will we be able to purchase the new version?Not at this time. Possibility of a purchase.

9. Has any thought been given to a shortened version "Commander" length slide to the standard Hi-Power?[/quote]We will not offer the hi-power pistol again. We are letting Browning be the sole offering. They are in turn not building any more Pro-9/Pro-40, allowing us to have all the production for FNP's.

Thanks for the questions-Ken Flood, Deputy Director of Field Sales, FNH-USA

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.