FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

3. Please read through previous Q&A sessions so as to not ask a duplicate question.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

1. When will the FNAR be available to the public?
They will start shipping next week

2. Is there any plans to release the Military version of the FNP 45 to the public (the version with the threaded barrel and the DR Optic slot on the slide)? Not at this time. Maybe sometime in the future.

Will FN bring a smaller .45 to market? Details?
There maybe a compact version produced next year.

4. Will the FNAR be available in 30-06 caliber?
No, only .308 at this time.

5. When will FN offer replacement/extra parts to the public for the PS90? (Parts such as trigger packs, barrels, etc.)
Some parts should be available from Browning-Arnold repair center

6. Is FN discontinuing the current bolt action rifles SPR, PBR, and PSR in order to come out with some new models.?
The bolt guns have been discontinued to make room for the new rilfes made in South Carolina by FN Manufacturing. Early next year you will see new models of SPR's, PBR's as well as PSR's made in the military plant.

7. Is it true that the SCAR lite has NOT yet been approved by the BATF, and thus its release to the public could be very delayed?
Not true, we are expecting a small amount of semi-auto SCAR Lights late this year.

8. Will FN offer Night Sights as accessories on their website for those that have already purchased the FNP .45 without them?
Probably, I will get clarification.

9. When will the subcompact FNP line be released, and can you give us any information about them?

10. Will the magazine tube on the new 18" FN SLP's be flush with the barrel? (As opposed to the magazine tube NOT being flush with the barrel on the present 18" FN SLP.)[/quote] It will be the same, nothng changes on mag tube length.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Some members have mentioned that they've seen or even recieved their FNP-45s with a shooter's pack.

Has the shooter's pack offer been extended to the FNP-45?

Thanks!

ADMIN EDIT - FNMAN just answered your question (THANKS!)... So, I removed it from the 10.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FNP 45 Shooters Pack

The FNP 45 is not part of the free holster promotion(Shooters Pack). Only the 9, 40 and .357 sig. There are .45 models that include the shooters pack in the case, but there is no rebate holster for the .45 at this time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but we've all seen pictures of that sweet dark earth-colored FNP-45 Military model with a threaded barrel and Dr. Optic sight cutout. Are there any plans to introduce that for civilian consumption?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Will FN bring a smaller .45 to market, and any details? Thanks again Ken for lending your ear and voice to the forum.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
When I went to bass pro shop recently, they informed me that FN is dropping the current producer of 5.7x28...does this statement hold any water?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
My apologies, my old mind fails me at times...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Q&A

When will FN offer replacement/extra parts to the public for the PS90? Parts such as trigger packs, barrels (both lengths), etc...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Q&A

marshallsales said:
When will FN offer replacement/extra parts to the public for the PS90? Parts such as trigger packs, barrels (both lengths), etc...
That was asked in Oct 5, 2007, but I guess it's worth asking again...

Q4:Will we ever be able to buy replacement parts for our FS2000's and PS90's?
A:Yes, hopefully by the end of the year.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I heard a rumor that FN was discontinuing the current bolt action rifles SPR, PBR, and PSR to come out with some new models. Is this true, if so when will this happen and what sort of changes are there in store?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question: Is it true that the Semi Auto SCAR lite has NOT yet been approved (as of Aug 21 2008) by the BATF and thus its release to the public could be very delayed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will FN offer Night Sights as accessories on their website for those that have already purchased the FNP .45 without them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Will the magazine tube be flush with the barrel on the new 18" FN SLP's? (As a pose to the magazine tube NOT being flush with the barrel on the present 18" FN SLP.)

People have stated that this 1/2" difference does not matter and that it's only for cosmetics purposes only, but that is wrong. Adding an additional 1//2" to the magazine tube will not only put the tube flush with the 18" barrel but that 1/2" will also add to the shotguns total capacity. Adding a 1/2" to the tube will give the max capacity of 7+1 instead of 6+1.

I've spoken to Bob on the phone about this in the past and he was suppost to get back to with an answer as soon as the rep returned from Belgium (if I remember correctly) but I never received a email or a call back. It would be nice to have a answer to this question once and for all. I know that all the 18" SLP's are not designed with this 1/2" gap because ive seen pictures time and time again all over the net, so why did FN make this 1/2" CHANGE? I just want facts and NOT assumptions is all. So Bob, if you could please research into this matter and get a answer that would be great!!

Zac

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: FNH Q&A - September 30, 2008

ShipWreck said:
Post your questions for FN here - Limited to the first 10 questions.

I hate to nag, but here are a couple of housekeeping rules for the Q&A session:

1. Each person can ask 1 question. This has been ignored by some members in the past - but there will be multiple Q&A sessions in the future. You can get your other questions answered at future sessions. If you ask multiple questions, only the first question will be considered.

2. Please be courteous in the wording of your question, even if you are upset about a particular issue.

3. Please read through previous Q&A sessions so as to not ask a duplicate question.

Once again, thanks to FNMan for taking the time to answer member's questions. That is very nice of him!
:?

-------------------------
QUESTIONS:

1. When will the FNAR be available to the public?
They will start shipping next week

2. Is there any plans to release the Military version of the FNP 45 to the public (the version with the threaded barrel and the DR Optic slot on the slide)? Not at this time. Maybe sometime in the future.

Will FN bring a smaller .45 to market? Details?
There maybe a compact version produced next year.[b

4.[/b] Will the FNAR be available in 30-06 caliber?
No, only .308 at this time.
[
b]5.[/b] When will FN offer replacement/extra parts to the public for the PS90? (Parts such as trigger packs, barrels, etc.)
Some parts should be available from Browning-Arnold repair center

6. Is FN discontinuing the current bolt action rifles SPR, PBR, and PSR in order to come out with some new models.?
The bolt guns have been discontinued to make room for the new rilfes made in South Carolina by FN Manufacturing. Early next year you will see new models of SPR's, PBR's as well as PSR's made in the military plant.[

b]7.[/b] Is it true that the SCAR lite has NOT yet been approved by the BATF, and thus its release to the public could be very delayed?
Not true, we are expecting a small amount of semi-auto SCAR Lights late this year.

Will FN offer Night Sights as accessories on their website for those that have already purchased the FNP .45 without them?
Probably, I will get clarification.

9. When will the subcompact FNP line be released, and can you give us any information about them?

10. Will the magazine tube on the new 18" FN SLP's be flush with the barrel? (As opposed to the magazine tube NOT being flush with the barrel on the present 18" FN SLP.)
It will be the same, nothng changes on mag tube length.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.