FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FNH USA sent out a press release saying that they have cut the price of 14 different FNS-9 and FNS-40 variants by $100. Only black models have been discounted. According to the press release the price cut is because high sales volumes have allowed them to decrease costs and therefor price. From the press release …
“We are pleased that the FNS™ line has been so popular,” said Mark Cherpes, President and CEO of FNH USA. “Because our sales volume was so high in 2013, we were able to reduce our production costs enough to realize a savings we are now passing down to our customers. We hope consumers will take advantage of this new, lower price and choose an FNS™ when they are shopping for a new pistol.”
“Since launching the FNS™ line of striker-fired pistols in 2012, it has been exciting to see how well-received they have been by all firearms enthusiasts no matter if they are looking for a competition pistol or a reliable handgun for home defense,” said Ken Pfau, FNH USA Senior Vice President of Commercial and Law Enforcement Sales. “We believe their popularity is due in large part to the fact that it is one of the only fully-ambidextrous striker-fired pistols on the market today and its low bore axis significantly reduces recoil so it’s a much more enjoyable and controlled shooting experience.”

The new price schedule …

If I don’t post this disclaimer, my inbox is going to be full of emails from unhappy gun dealers: this cut is the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP), not the retail price. If, for example, a retailer is already selling a FN-S pistol for below the new MSRP, they are not obliged to drop their retail price by the same amount as the drop in MSRP.
- See more at: FNH USA Cuts MSRP of Black FNS-9 and FNS-40 Pistols - The Firearm Blog

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I'll add a .40 to go with my 9mm.

Reactions: P-Factor

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
That's good news. First price cut that I can remember.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just pick up my fns 40 a couple weeks ago after tax and so on, black with no external safety's for 456 in cfl

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
?? What's the big deal here? I picked up an FNS9 a year ago for $450.
Might be able to find it for less than that now. We'll see.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The big deal is that a lot of smaller LGS still don't have the FNS, either because they know nothing of them, don't care for them, or couldn't justify stocking them when a Glock was a little cheaper and a sure-fire seller. This essentially means that the best places to find the FNS were either online...in which case you still had to deal with your LGS/FFL (something that in the place where I previously lived I absolutely refused to do due to their attitudes) or go to the Bix Box chains (Bass Pro, Cabelas, Academy, etc) to get an FNS. If your most viable option was #2, then MSRP means a great deal to you. Now, a lower MSRP translates into a cheaper firearm to the dealers from FN; this in turn should (eventually) mean more FNS handguns in smaller LGS across the country since (coupled with the rising reputation of the platform) they will look like much less of a risk for your local guy to pick up a couple to go in the case next to the cookie-cutter bricks that everyone typically wants to buy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I paid 609 for my fns 9 with night sights. That was the cheapest local by 50 bucks. Also i did a lay away with em. I like dealing close.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts