FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was in the neighborhood, just thought I would stop by, maybe drop off a little something special for some old friends.

Thought some of you Forum members might like to see some pictures of a new arrival. FN15 Rifle, 20"barrel, FN quality....

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Real nice, Clyde. How you been?

Reactions: Clyde

·
Registered
641 Posts
A nice break from the bazillion Carbine patterned AR-15s. How much was it?

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Real nice, Clyde. How you been?
Thanks, akitainu! I have been fine, just enjoying things happening at the speed of life! What's up with you?

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Thanks, akitainu! I have been fine, just enjoying things happening at the speed of life! What's up with you?
Oh, this and that. Mostly chasing shiny things and then getting distracted by other shiny things.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A nice break from the bazillion Carbine patterned AR-15s. How much was it?
MSRP is $1149. I have a dealer who gets me in line early for new releases, and I got a "frequent buyer" discount...he asked me to keep pricing at MSRP due to MAP policy with FNH-USA -- requirement in his contract.... These are pretty hard to find, in 20" rifle variant.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been contemplating one of these for a bit. Have you put any rounds thru it yet?
Picked it up on my lunch hour just today. Going to shoot it with LGS owner once I clean it and prep it for the range. He gives me free range time; I let him shoot some of my toys.... He is all "itchy trigger finger" on this one...!

Reactions: jamant12

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats Clyde; it looks really nice. Would love to hear what you think. P-Factor also wants to know-he ordered the rifle but received the carbine.
Well, my first impression when I picked it up was how light it is, and how well balanced it is. If you hold it with your palm bladed against the magwell it balances perfectly. Then you see the FN machining quality, comparable to the SCARs in fit and finish.

Everyone at the LGS was wanting to see it, and the employees all had to shoulder it and hold it. A guy at the shop buying a Saker suppressor was all up on it, wanting details. I am still getting over having it here - been waiting since SHOT Show for it to arrive.

I handled an M-16 at FNM when I toured their plant. It feels and looks just like that M-16, except for the go-fast switch. Dying to go shoot this - new 600 yard range where I shoot now.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Congratulations Clyde that's awesome! Can't wait to hear how it shoots. Good seeing you around here again.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
She's awful purdy. Congrats!:?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good god I've been wanting one of these for a while. Well, either that or, dare I say it, the Colt Ar15a4. I've heard some people complain about some of the features of the FN-15 and how FNH skimped on some parts (barrel is button pressed, castle nut, etc.)

What's the deal? I would rather give my money to FN since I LOVE their products but if I'm really going to be getting a sub-par weapon in any way, I would rather go elsewhere. Like I said, I love FN but my loyalty only goes so far when money and quality are concerned :D

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Good god I've been wanting one of these for a while. Well, either that or, dare I say it, the Colt Ar15a4. I've heard some people complain about some of the features of the FN-15 and how FNH skimped on some parts (barrel is button pressed, castle nut, etc.)

What's the deal? I would rather give my money to FN since I LOVE their products but if I'm really going to be getting a sub-par weapon in any way, I would rather go elsewhere. Like I said, I love FN but my loyalty only goes so far when money and quality are concerned :D
Why no hammer forged barrel? I don't understand.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Hey Clyde:) Been a long time buddy, The Commissioner sends his regards to Big Woogie.. Nice score on the new stick

1 - 20 of 54 Posts