FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to Bob Ailes this afternoon and he confirmed to me that FN will be producing the FNP-357 Sig. He told me that the FNP-357 should be available "around the first of the year."

There was some question about this from some of the forum members. Hopefully, we can put it to rest, at least until the production delays begin. ;)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Thanks for the info.

The latest official FHN Q&A thread was answered yesterday - Here is a quote from 2 relevant .357 SIg FNP questions:

9. When is the FNP-357 Sig going to be available for purchase? Will they be released in dark earth color? 1st quarter 2008. They will not be available in dark earth at this time.

10. Will the FNP 357 be available in DA/SA with a decocker only?Yes, only DA/SA at this time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Uh-huh.

Y'all been strung along for how long now on the FNP-45?

And yet ya wanta believe that same source on yet another new FN handgun?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Besides Bob, we have a different FN person here answering questions. He stated the same thing, as per my quotation above.... Choose what you want to believe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Despite whay anyone says, I think patience will pay off. I've received some very credible information from Bob in the past. However, I've also received some sketchy info from him too. It's hard to be in a position where customers are asking to you to pretty much predict what the company plans to do. The rep in the Q&A stated the .357 SIG would be available by the first quarter of 2008, so now it's time to sit back and wait.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob wasn't my source. My source for info regarding the FNP-357 was the other three people who work at FN in various capacities who told me about it.

The FNP-45 is a new handgun, the FNP-357 is a new caliber. Big difference.

For a myriad of reasons, it takes time to new products to market, especially firearms. I have great faith that both of these guns will show up fairly soon, because dealers have been told about them.

Uh-huh.

Y'all been strung along for how long now on the FNP-45?

And yet ya wanta believe that same source on yet another new FN handgun?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Looks like the .357 Sig is out for the 1st quarter.
Now if I can figure out if I can afford to shoot the more expensive .357 Sig round or stick with buying a 9mm which I have 2 other pistols that shoot that particular caliber. I've been wanting to break into the .357 Sig round, but prices are getting out of this world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts