FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my FNP-40 yesterday. Gun left on 2-12-08 and came back 2-27-08! I will have at the range this weekend. Only change I can see is now there is no notch on the inside of the plastic housing on the right side where it cracked. Plastic is now straight back. On a negative note the stainless slide has some scratches on it now. I guess the armorer was having a bad day! By the way the shell case date was 1-3-07. If it shoots as good as my FNP-9 I will be more than happy!

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's a quick turnaround. Looks to me like FN has come up with a fix by eliminating the notch on the right side of the FCG and is geared up to do repairs quickly. That's good news. I'd be interested in hearing how the trigger feels with the new FCG. Let us know if you notice any difference in the feel of the trigger. Another poster reported that his repaired gun seemed to have a slightly smoother trigger.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Now it would be nice if they would just ship the part to those that need it. Even if they would require the old one back to make sure it is cracked. Advance Exchange would be a lot faster; maybe 2 days. I hope when i get mine, it has the newer trigger mechanism.

That's a good turnaround though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts