FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my FNP-40 a couple of weeks ago, and am looking for the weather to clear up a bit so I can hit the range! My question is this: can any other owners tell me which .40 ammo has been giving the best results in their FNP? I picked up some Hornady TAP 180gr JHP, Speer Golddot 165gr GDHP, and Speer Lawman 165gr FMJ from my dealer, so will be trying these first. Thanks! :)

[/url]

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
I mainly shoot 180gr for target/practice and shoot 135-165gr for home/personal defense. I really like the Hornaday's and Magtech's Guardian Gold 155gr JHP's. The only difference between Hornaday's TAP and their non-TAP is the black casing, pick up their regular line as it will be cheaper. I tried their 155gr TAP and non-TAP and you can't tell the difference. Plus, they are both loaded HOT!!!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I shoot whatever I can find that is the right price that isn't total crap. I've had good luck with 165gr CCI aluminum, but I've also shot a lot of 180gr of various flavors. 165gr Speer Gold Dot for carry.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It bodes well for the Speer Gold Dot when more than one person recommends it! By the way, does anyone have expierience with Corbon's BeeSafe ammo? If it shoots to point of aim it seems like pretty good ammo for the prices I have seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts