FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am a happy owner of a FNP-40; however, I have noticed that the metal is starting to chip off on the slide right under the letter P on FNP. I guess it is catching on the slide release. Has anybody else had this problem? If so have you addressed it with F&N? Please let me know.

John

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine has the same wear spot. It is not a design flaw. Virtually every semi-automatic pistol I have has a similar wear mark to some extent.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My FNP 40 has done the same thing, it poses no problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Seems to be normal wear and after a few hundred rounds it settled in and didn't get any worse. My 1911 and M&P show slide wear as bad or worse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help

Hey thanks for the great replies. I am glad to know that it doesn't get any worse with time. It isn't really that big of a deal but it is good to know all of the details. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I suspect that the chipping occurs from the take down lever moving during firing rather than the slide release. I don't think the 'P' goes back far enough to make contact with the slide release lever. Those 40's are snappy high pressure rounds which probably cause it to flip up slightly during recoil. As has been mentioned before, it would be cool to have a camera watch the firing in slow motion to see if that is indeed the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts