FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Cabelas the other day & noticed an FNP 40 in the case w/ a red dot on the left side (as if you are holding it). I asked to handle the FN. as it turns out the decocker is now a safety that you press up w/ your thumb to engage, down to disengage/decock. It also had milling on the fornt of the slide.

Another new feature is that it now cost $550.00. :cry: ...which pretty much annihilates any chance of me getting another one.

I thought the safety & milling was a nice touch...I wonder if my gen 1 can be upgraded. Turns out there is supposed to be a rep from FN to take the gun counter guys out shooting to learn all about the FN products they might sell.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I believe what you saw is the USG model.

There is no "second generation" FNP that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What's the USG stand for. Cause I have one of those exact models he's talking about. Purchased mine in Nov 08 from Cabela's and what he is noticing, is mine exactly. Love the decocking/saftey lever. All thumb operated w/o even stretching a finger. The next thing I do want to change is the mag release. Since I am a leftie. Good thing they are interchangable.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
stormshooter said:
What's the USG stand for.
Stands for United States Government.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's exactly what I have. Except I have mine in stainless. Seems more attractive that way. sa/da gov model, manual saftey, decocker.
In a previous post, on of the guys knew their build date even. Looking at tags on the hardcase it came in, which numbers gives the build date? Or are they somewheres else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts