FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I posted about this in the FN Handguns section, but I thought I'd go to the source.

The unlock block (at least that is what the Browning Pro manual calls it) in my FNP 40 has some play in it after 500+ rounds. To be honest I do not remember if it was loose to start with. Functionality and accuracy seem unaffected, but I am concerned. It seems others have the same issue as well.

Is this normal or a problem developing?

And another question.

What bullet weight was the weapon really designed and tested with? I have noted that mine prefers the middle weight 165gr. projectiles which are far more accurate than lighter 155s or heavier 180s.

Thanks for taking the time to come to the forum and share with us.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I posted about this in the FN Handguns section, but I thought I'd go to the source.

The unlock block (at least that is what the Browning Pro manual calls it) in my FNP 40 has some play in it after 500+ rounds. To be honest I do not remember if it was loose to start with. Functionality and accuracy seem unaffected, but I am concerned. It seems others have the same issue as well.

Is this normal or a problem developing?

And another question.

What bullet weight was the weapon really designed and tested with? I have noted that mine prefers the middle weight 165gr. projectiles which are far more accurate than lighter 155s or heavier 180s.

Thanks for taking the time to come to the forum and share with us.
That block is held in by tension, like the frame rails so a little float is normal. My FNP .40's like the 165's better. In my opinion there just is no need for 180 gr. .40 loads. They kick like a mule and don't expand like the lighter loads.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir for the quick reply!

:?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts