FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an FNP-40 with factory installed Trijicons last year. I believe its been over a year now, but now the front night sight no longer glows.

I'm unsure whether I should address this problem with Trijicon or FN. I would think its an issue to take up with Trijicon, but I am unsure if they have a warranty or guarantee on factory installed sights, or how long their warranty covers the sights.

Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Pat-

·
Registered
21 Posts
What, no "call Bob" posts?

You should definately start with FN. They are the seller, therefore responsible for your satisfaction in regards to the entire gun, regardless of where the sub-components were purchased from.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I dropped a slide in the 1990s that had Trijicon sights - it must have been enough of a hit to do something, as 1 of the vials no longer glowed. I had to get it replaced later.

U didn't have an impact on it, did U?

·
Registered
15 Posts
An impact is going to be the most common problem with night sights. Usually it takes a pretty decent drop on to something hard to crack the vial, but once that happens your sights are toast. Drifting the sights into the dovetail with a hammer (as opposed to using a sight pusher) is often enough to crack the vials.

I did have one instance where I had night sights installed on my Glock 17. I stood there and watched the Glock armorer install the sights. On Glocks using Meprolights, the front sight is held in place from the underside of the slide with a screw. They were new sights. Within 6 months, the front sight was dead. I didn't drop the gun and I know the guy who installed them didn't hith them or anything. That particular G17 was a range gun. Never out of the safe except to go to the range. It hasn't even been in a holster yet. Sometimes it's a manufacturing defect.

Probably call both Trijicon and FN and see what needs to be done. If you didn't drop the slide, then it should be replaced under warranty. Meprolight used to warrant their sights for 12 years. Trijicon used to do the same. I don't know what they do these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts