FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to FN firearms. I bought this FNP 40 a few weeks ago "gently" used at the gun show. Took it to the range the next Sunday and though it shot excellent however it would not leave the hammer cocked after the slide cycled when firing around 90% of the time. Maybe 2 of 50 rounds were fired SA. I thought it was just crappy ammunition, Monarch brass 180gr. So today I shot another 50 of Federals aluminum 180gr. About 25% of the shots re-cocked the hammer and allowed a SA pull. Are these pistols that finicky or is there a repair necessary? Input is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Sounds like there might be a problem. Might be something broken in the fire control group.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, well thanks anyway. I called FN today and they just suggested I send it in which sucks because I don't want to be without it. So I guess I'm sending it in. I will post the results for others when I get it back if I have any info.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gently used from a gun show could be just about anything, I would suspect it had the problem before you ever laid eyes on it. good luck hope you can get it running soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gently used from a gun show could be just about anything, I would suspect it had the problem before you ever laid eyes on it. good luck hope you can get it running soon.
Sure. You do what you can to check and inspect a used gun at the gun show at the time you buy it. But in the end it's a bit of a crap shoot. I'm sure FN will figure it out. I sent it off today. We'll see what they say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts