FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple targets when exercising my 2nd Amendment rights while I still have them. t1 is first 14 shot magazine at 7 yds with first shot DA and remaining SA. T2 is first shot DA on each magazine with SA on remaining shots. My wife said I should post the targets on inside of the storm door. :D

With the target wheel from Furyataurus, I was able to make some point of impact with point of aim corrections. I'm still shoot a little left of POA but at least I'm closer in elevation. I'm making progress but need some more work. Ammo was range loaded 180gr FMJ.

Target 1:

Target 2:

Oh yeah. After I pulled the first target in to take a picture of the first magazine, the guys in the next lane wanted to know what I was shooting. I told them and they said sure is better than our target. Theirs looked like they had shot it with shotgun buckshot. :-D

BTW: the little targets on target 1 were warm up shots with my Ruger MK 1 22. Was having a hard time seeing and keeping proper sight alignment with it. Got ot upgrade it to fiber optic glow sights.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
HEY!!! What happened to those guys in the second pic to the left of the neck?! lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just to scare him and the ear shot is to make his ear ring. :lol:

Said I needed some more work. :-D

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
If you were aiming dead center, that is about where I shoot as well with my 9. Just a little left. I was able to improve it a bit last time I went shooting and will continue to do so.

Nice shooting :shock:

The ear shot was the first warning shot :-D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Do ya'll do hand exercises or dry fire?

Try clenching your hands tight into fists and then stretching your hands out flat, then clench them again, and stretch them out again. Do this 100 times as fast as you can. Repeat once a day. You will see your aim start to improve after a few days or a couple of weeks.

Your muscle control will improve allowing you to keep your other fingers and wrists still as you pull the trigger with your index finger. You'll find you sren't pulling yourself off target nearly as bad.

You can also practice dry firing a lot. Just sit in your living room and aim at the light switch or something. Please make sure the gun is not loaded.

Eventually you can try keeping the gun still by laying a penny on the front sight and try pulling the trigger without knocking the penny off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Texas Armadillo said:
Do ya'll do hand exercises or dry fire?

Try clenching your hands tight into fists and then stretching your hands out flat, then clench them again, and stretch them out again. Do this 100 times as fast as you can. Repeat once a day. You will see your aim start to improve after a few days or a couple of weeks.
Dry firing but not enough. I'll start the hand exercises.

thanks

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I dry fire some and I can keep the sites from moving, but I must be in a different mind set when I'm at the range. I should do it more often to work on muscle memory. I'll give the hand exercises a try and thanks for the tips TA :?

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
I put a Hogue Handall on my FNP40 after I used some HOT .40 ammo through her. Now my shot's are MUCH better for me at 15yds and 25yds! I also use the following JHP's through her with no problems at all.

Magtech Guardian Gold 155gr-Great!!!
Corbon/Glaser 135gr-Great!!! Both JHP and PoweR'ball
Federal 165gr-Ok
Hornady 155gr-Great!!!
Hornady TAP 155gr-Great!!!
Winchester SXZ 180gr-Ok
Winchester Ranger 155gr-Great!!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I just tried TA's 100 speedy clench hand exercise and now I can barely type. My forearms are burning after only doing 70. I guess I need to start doing it when I'm watching TV.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
It gets easier after a few days. I do it while driving. First with one hand and then the other. I learned about the exercise from a guitar teacher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts