FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to do some torture testing on my FNP 40. Ive had the pistol since about April 2008 and had put 4000 rounds of regular ammo (Ultramax, remington umc, and winchester) and cleaned it regularly. When i say regularly i would clean it only after shooting over 100 rounds. I chose to shoot my next 1000 rounds without a single clean, not a single clean or wipe down. The shoots went in the following order, a minimum of 100 rounds per shoot and a max 300 rounds per session. I shot the 1000 rounds over the course of 1 month. Today i did 50 rounds and decided to put the gun in snow, and a pile of mulch for the last and final push in my test. I have pictures of the snow, but not the mulch (sorry, next time i'll take more pics). The gun for the first test had a round in the chamber and the hammer was in DA. Packed the pistol with wet snow. Cleared it off by hand with no towels, just flesh and then fired. The result. 14 flawless shots. The second test was place a magazine in with 10 rounds in the magazine, leave the pistol unloaded but with the magazine in the pistol. Packed the firearm with snow then placed it in a pile of mulch for about 1 minute. I immediatly pulled the firearm from the snow and mulch, racked the first round. The result: it took 2 attempts to rack the first round, but after it was racked it fired all 10 shots flawlessly. The gun never jammed in mid fire. I have to note each time i performed the test i made sure the barrel was clear of obstruction, including snow. This is just common sense and general saftey precausion. I have only 3 pictures of because we forgot the camera at home and had to use a camera phone. Overall result 1000 rounds of no cleaning or oiling of any type and an additional snow/mulch torture test. This gun rocks.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I fixed it for ya - you need the link ONLY that goes straight to the pic. Photobucket gives you 3 or 4 options.

·
Registered
42 Posts
you have way too much time on your hands. :-D

Good test though. Tests might come in handy with the new President. I can see it now. Sir open up we need to inspect for handguns....as you are tossing yours out the window into the snow......

Nice to know it will still function.... :?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahaha if all FNs work as well as my FNP40 i'll throw them all in the snow when they come to inspect. I plan on doing a few more torture tests considering i am pretty happy in regards to how it performed today. I'm not sure if i'm ready to do any extreme tests as of yet like throw it against a wall, drive over it etc. I think next on the list is the sand/soil/mud test and see how it performes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm totally happy with mine only had a chance to fire off 150 rounds. totally flawless. I LOVE THIS PISTOL. It is a new gun and I'd expect nothing short of perfection from it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Credibility is stacking up.

While not the test the Glock 21 went through this one sure shows dependibility. I have heard more talk about FNP lately on several forums I haunt. Sure there will always be the nay sayers but, people are always afraid of the unknown. And if we can still compete with "other manufacturers" on price and quality we have lots to talk about.

I can't wait till we get a gun with 50,000 or more rounds on the clock and do a range report on it. So in the mean time crank up those Dillons folks.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I hope that what I have heard on the glock forum is false, that is, that FN would consider dropping their FNP line because it doesn't make enough money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts