FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a fnp-40 the other day,I got American Eagle 165 ball ammo just for plinking but it shoots poorly with that load.What load or brand does this gun like? Thank's

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Hornady TAP 155g, Winchester Ranger 155g, Magtech FMJ, JHP. That's all I"ve shot out of my FNP 40 so far. My FNP LOVES the Hornady TAP 155g.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ammo

I've been using the whitebox winchester 165gr for target/plink but I use Federal Hydrashock for carry. I have never had ftf/fte. only on 7 rounds that I was given to rey at my lcl range, they were reloads charged @ min. I stovepiped w/ each one of those 7 rounds. I think my spring is still a little stiff.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've shot both 180gr UMC and blazer aluminum 165 gr. I felt like the blazer was a much hotter round with more kick. The 180gr was pretty tame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I've been using the Winchester 165gr at the range and its worked great. I've got Cor-bon 135gr and 145gr DPX for defense - that 135gr stuff is really hot, its great fun :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Like most, I shoot the whitebox Winchester at the range but I keep Hornaday Custom 180 gr JHP/XTP in her all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts