FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new fnp 45 this past saturday and the flat backstrap will not lock into place on the gun. the curved backstrap fits fine, but it seems the groves in the flat strap may be too deep. I contacted bob at fnusa and he said that they were working on it but dont have an answer yet. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
on a side note, has anyone tried out nitesiters on their fnp's? i just ordered some for the hell of it and im wondering whether or not theyre a complete gimmick or will damage the white paint in the combat sights

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I have seen others who used them on other sites - they seem to be happy. I don't think anyone on this site has received them yet, however.

·
Registered
412 Posts
tm965,
the flat backstrap will not lock into place on the gun. the curved backstrap fits fine, but it seems the groves in the flat strap may be too deep. I contacted bob at fnusa and he said that they were working on it but dont have an answer yet. Anyone else had this problem?
Sorry to hear it but no problems with mine. I use the flat one too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The flat backstrap will not stay on mine either, and I've fired less than 200 rds.

I called the Warranty center & they said no spare parts for at least a few months. :-?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats pretty terrible, you think it wouldn't be very hard to increase the production of that part. I guess we'll have to get used to the curved strap for now

·
Registered
15 Posts
My fiancee's sister's boyfriend had this problem with his FNP-45. The curved backstrap would snap into place as it should, however the flat backstrap would not lock in place, and would want to slide out relatively easily. He remedied it by putting a small piece of cardboard in the rail where the backstrap slides in place, and now it stays fine. Little bit of afro-engineering, but works nevertheless :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heya folks!

Dave from Nitesiters here. These should work very well, and not have any problems with the existing sight dots. The ONLY thing i've ever heard is when i had two customers that owned Kel Tec P3AT's. They had their sight dots pop off after installing Nitesiters. I dont know what caused it, I've not heard anything else like that.

So I dont think they're a gimmick. I have tons of very satisfied customers. Ship is right. There are a ton of people reviewing them on other sights and all the testimonials on my website are geniune.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be more than happy to answer them.

THANKS!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you ordered it last week you should be getting it in short order. Shipments usually take 2 to 5 days with the average being 3. Give me a call if you don't have it by Friday. You should MOST definitely have it in the next day or so if it doesn't come today.

Thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My fiancee's sister's boyfriend had this problem with his FNP-45. The curved backstrap would snap into place as it should, however the flat backstrap would not lock in place, and would want to slide out relatively easily. He remedied it by putting a small piece of cardboard in the rail where the backstrap slides in place, and now it stays fine. Little bit of afro-engineering, but works nevertheless
Where exactly did he put the cardboard? Under the frame tab?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My fiancee's sister's boyfriend had this problem with his FNP-45. The curved backstrap would snap into place as it should, however the flat backstrap would not lock in place, and would want to slide out relatively easily. He remedied it by putting a small piece of cardboard in the rail where the backstrap slides in place, and now it stays fine. Little bit of afro-engineering, but works nevertheless :D
I took your advice and cut a small piece of cardboard out of a box of ammo. I slid it along with the backstrap back on to the weapon and now it fits almost too well.. it may be stuck, but at least it got the job done. thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not entirely certain where he actually put the cardboard, I didn't actually see him do it, I just know he said he put a little piece of cardboard in there, and now the backstrap is as tight as it should be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
backstrap

had this problem..looked at under a magnifier and found a little edge of casting flash where the tab should lock in..on the strap itself...took a small pocket knife and shaved it off....locks in like a champ now

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my FNP .45 a few weeks ago and my flat backstrap had the same flash around the catch on the strap. I cut down the flash and it will stay sometimes but it will come off if I shoot for a while or fire really fast. Has anybody heard anything from FN about getting replacement straps?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
qachargh said:
I got my FNP .45 a few weeks ago and my flat backstrap had the same flash around the catch on the strap. I cut down the flash and it will stay sometimes but it will come off if I shoot for a while or fire really fast. Has anybody heard anything from FN about getting replacement straps?
contact bob ailes at fn, i got a replacement quickly and free of charge

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will shoot him an e-mail when I get home tonight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts