FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm new here, i'm trying to catch up with information on the FNP's. I see there have been some issues with cracks in different locations on the .40 cal and 9mm FNP's.

For those of you in the know, what is your take on the FNP .45, have you heard from FN that they have made the FNP .45 a bit more robust so that these issues do not arise? I don't own an FNP YET!, but I plan on getting an FNP .45; so any input would be appreciated, I know this is new in the market place but FN must have done some reliability testing as well.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I put over 1500 rounds through a FNP-9 at Thunder Ranch with nary a hitch nor crack. I subesequently sold the 9 and got a FNP-40 that has about as many rounds through it, and no cracks in it either.

Some shooters are reporting cracks in 9mm and .40 cals., so it's a random problem, and that usually points towards materials rather than design. But if the the new parts are different, it may be a problem with both materials and design.

I'm sticking with my FNP-40 'til other shooters and FN Herstal work out the problems.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The trigger group on the FNP 45 is a much more substantial piece than my FNP 40. I have 500 trouble fee rounds through my 40 so far.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You'll also notice from the posted pictures of the 45 that the fire control group housing on the right side lacks the small notch cut on the inside, which the 9's and 40's feature. The replacement FCG's that people have been recieving back recently have solid polymer walls similiar to the 45 design. Which means they have taken note of a design issue in that area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gotta picture of the difference (large print edition :| ) ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like the ejector has been made almost spring-like compared to the straight ejector of the FNP-40, and the notch on the right side is gone in the FNP-45

1 - 11 of 11 Posts