FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait to see one. What do you guys think they will look like size wise? Just curious, I love my full size, but I would like a smaller one too, especially for carry.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Did you hear something about a compact 45?

I haven't heard anything about one, but it would be cool. Maybe like a USP compact or HK45 compact size would be nice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked a while back and was told there will be a compact, not sure when. Also, some of the FAQ's to FNman stated several interesting concepts. Like the FNPs will have smaller versions-nothing specific known. There is a new handgun in development called the PLS- pre loaded striker. I hope they are out at SHOT!!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I wish they'd stick to DA/SA with an external hammer, as that's the feature that originally drew me to the FNP line. Striker just doesn't do it for me.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
In for updates!! :eek:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate FN consideration of the civie market. That aspect alone is worth my business. Customer service is great and Bob Ailes' tireless responses to various inquiry over the months.

Supposedly, the PLS is an entirely different design from the earlier "Forty Nine." I too like the exposed hammer, as I was initiated to handguns long ago on a S&W 59. I do like striker fired guns though and want a quality alternative to the Glock and XD. Man, I hope they show 'em all at Shot.

I am gettin' antsy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I saw the plastic mold of it when I was at DEVTEC. It was brought in that day.

It's about the size of a Glock 19 in height and slide length, holding 10 rounds I believe.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Templar said:

It's about the size of a Glock 19 in height and slide length, holding 10 rounds I believe.
How do you get so lucky???

Thanks for the info :?

·
Registered
265 Posts
djv38 said:
Templar said:

How do you get so lucky???

Thanks for the info :?
That was just luck and timing, I was sitting in my buddy's office when another employee brought the mold in all smiles. It was like a "blue gun", the basic out lay was all there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Templar,

Was it the .45 FNP compact or the PLS, or is this one and the same? Thanks for your insight that is great news.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It was presented to me as "this is the new FNP-45 Compact we're working on".

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can't wait................. Like for so many other things I see here and it's too late to write Santa.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts