FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So took out my new FNP45 today...when I was shooting (I am left-handed), I noticed the brass kept on ejecting into my face. Is this normal? Any lefties have a similar issue. Needless to say, after 50 hot casings to the dome, I was getting pretty frusterated...

-Andy :-?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
That has been fairly common with new FNP-9's and 40's due to stiff recoil springs. Leave the slide locked back for a week or so and it should clear up.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
HAHA have a video of this? I'm glad my guns don't do this :lol: Hope leaving the advise given will resolve your issue

·
Registered
68 Posts
you limp wristed wuss......... same thing happens to me. :x ....getting better - leave the slide open for a week.

i think that if you concentrate on holding the pistol firmer with your non-trigger hand it is much less of a problem....i have small hands and have a tendency to hold the gun lightly ( i am a hand surgeon - guess it goes with the territory). i really firmed up my left hand and it made a big difference....

let us know how it progresses!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Bump for a video of this!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha

limp wrist my ass! haha needless to say, all was not lost that day...the hk's came out to play after i was through with getting dinged in the face...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I noticed mine was flinging a few cases back at me every once and a while. I knew exactly where to find the brass when I was done. I thought it was cool.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Went to the range again last weekend. Everything ran great, no brass in my face.
Yeah this seems to be a break-in only occurance. Glad to hear things are running smooth now. :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
took my 45 out this weekend for the first time.put about 200 rnds through it. didn't get any brass in the face but "ejection" seemed kind of weak. all the brass landed at my feet and some hit my arm on the way down. i'm shooting "middle of the road" reloads. maybe that had something to do with it. 4.5 grains of bullseye under a 230gn fmj.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My FNP-45 shoots so well that the few cases that come my direction do not bother me. :D Seriously tho' I have close to 2500 rounds thru' this one now and the casings have always fallen just to my right about 2-3 feet.One in a while one will kind of lob towards my head but I love the fact I do not have to look far for my empties! :? I am ambidextrous and the same holds true regardles of wich side/hand I am using as primary. 8)

Wanta B

1 - 13 of 13 Posts