FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm from England, moved to the states a few years back, and I finally decided to buy myself a gun. After much looking around I decided on the FNP-45. until I find someting I like in 9mm (looking at FNP9 of course) I'm using the 45 as my carry weapon.

I havent been to an actual range yet, I meeting a friend there on monday, but I did shoot a few hundred rounds through it on some private land. I expected a 45 to kick way more than it does, and I had no problem hitting the pumpkin I was aiming for.

my friend had a little set up with bales of hay about 100 feet back from the target for his wife and my roommate to shoot 22 rifles at. I had no problem hitting the pumpkin at this range so I'm very happy with how it shoots.

I dont know if thats good shooting or not, I dont know what the standard distances are, nor what I should be able to hit at that distance, but for me that was more than accurate enough.

I was firing mostly blazer brass, but also some winchester hollowpoints to see how well they worked, and I didnt have any failures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and for those of you who are going to ask about carrying it, I wear it all the time, to work, driving... everywhere. I have it in a crossbreed supertuck holster.

I'm I guess about 5 foot 10, and weigh about 135 pounds so I'm a small guy, and I can conceal it fairly well under a Tshirt. If you know I have it its more obvious, but you still have to look for it. People that didnt know I had it on me didnt notice at all.

the only complaint I have with the super tuck was if you dont draw it smoothly you can catch the picatinny on the holster. a little bit of practice and it wasnt an issue any more. but I suspect you could also round the end of the holster a little so it didnt have an edge to get caught.

that would be easy to do with just a hairdryer and a damp rag

·
Registered
735 Posts
Interesting, and good to hear you taking advantage of the states' second amendment.

To hit a pumpkin at 100' is more than good enough for self defense. As for standards, people concerned mostly with defensive shooting generally stick in the 7-15 yard (21 to 45 feet) range for handguns. 25 yards (75 feet) is usually on the higher side of "normal" for handguns. I know depending on the gun, I sometimes struggle to keep it on the paper at that range. :oops:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so that would mean I was doing pretty well then, I'm sure I'd be able to hit 8.5x11 paper at 75feet everytime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts