FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to the range last night.
Put 150 rounds of American Eagle 230 gr. FMJ and 60 rounds of assorted 230 gr. JHP (mostly Win Ranger T and Rem Golden Saber) thru it.
No functional problems at all. :D
I was shooting about 1 1/2 " low at 7 yards. Not a big deal.
Ergonomics in controlling the gun during fire was fine.
The DA pull was a little heavier than it seemed during dry fire but not a problem.
Because of the good grip, perceived recoil was fine, although still noticeably more than the 9mm I usually shoot.
Since I usually shoot a Steyr with triangle front sight and trapezoid rear sight, the 3 dots and the post seemed a little weird. :lol:
No mag malfunctions (although fingers still numb from trying to get 14 rounds in one mag, 13 in the second, and 12 in the third. Can you spell UpLula?).
All controls worked as supposed to.
Pretty comfortable to carry IWB at 2:00 for the last 4 days.
So, if the reliability continues this will definitely be a CCW contender.
Can't imagine a 14+1 .45 ACP being much more usable than the FNP (especially for $560).
The only thing left in my CCW decision making is the tradeoff between greater .45 ACP power and lesser muzzle rise with the 9mm.
Will not make a final decision until at least 500 rounds are thru the FNP, but that shouldn't take long.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, 6'0" and 221lbs. But IWB does most of the hiding and at 2:00 position the long grip doesn't stick out the back. Plus, having carried a 6" Glock 17L for 7 years and ocassionally a Glock 21, I'm pretty used to big guns.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I do the same thing to keep my FNP-40 handle from sticking out. If not 2:00, then around 3:00. It's not that bad and you can actually access it while seated in a vehicle as long as you disconnect your seat-belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts