FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my brand new FNP-45 to the range today. To say that I'm pleased with this gun would be a massive understatement. This is my first time shooting a .45 and I'm in love. Here are 3 pictures of targets of groupings of 14 shots at 25'. Blazer brass was the ammo and had absolutely no problems with 100 rounds. :shock:

First group of 14. Pretty darn good with a couple fliers.

Second group of 14. Still quite good without many fliers.

Third group. I'm not sure if it can get much better than this with a brand new gun.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Nice shooting.

I wouldn't exactly call those first shots "fliers" either. Sure they are outside your nice tight group, but the are still all hitting "MOBG" (minute of bad-guy). :?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Nice job :?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I carry but my carry weapon is an XD-40. This will be my bedside weapon with a TLR-1 mounted to it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update to my last post. I sold my XD40 and picked up a Kahr CW45 as my carry weapon.

Went to the range again today with the FNP45. 15 shot groups looked even better than the 3rd picture in the original post so I guess I can shoot better than that group! No malfunctions whatsovever. Gads I'm loving this gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's stainless but it isnt a gloss stainless. Here are two pics I just took of it with it's new TLR1 light mounted. Notice that the flash at a different angle and different background can make it look completely different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts