FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting myself one of these babies, and I've been doing some research. A lot of people say that the grip is pretty stocky as it's a high capacity magazine. I usually have an issue with guns feeling comfortable in my girly-hands, but I have found that some I'm able to live with. My local gunstore doesn't have any, and will only order one if I put down a deposit (???) but I don't want to make any commitment until I've fully researched all my options.

So what I'm asking is this: Any female owners, and /or guys with smaller hands, how do you find the grip?

·
Registered
19 Posts
sheNine

I am a guy so my hands are average

I am not sure how small your hands are but the FN45 has different backstraps that you can change to adjust the grip. Mine shoots well and the felt recoil is not bad at all. Find someone close to you that has one and give it a try.

Just some thoughts

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have a FNP-45 as well as fairly small hands. (my glove size is 7 1/2).

the fnp 45 is large. at first i thought i made a mistake in my purchase - but now i am really liking it. however, every time i pick it up i think - holy crap this thing is big - then i think of having 15 45acp rounds.

it is definately a size larger than fnp-9/40 - you can really tell the difference.

do you know your glove size (eg medical or golf etc....)?

·
Registered
873 Posts
My hands are not the largest either, but my FNP45 is a very good fit. Simply use the flat back strap. The FNP45 is much more comfortable than the Glock21 SF.

Nice avatar catengtrn...

:-D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have both an FNP-45 and a Glock 21SF ["small frame"]. I prefer the flat backstrap on the FNP-45. The grip circumference of the FNP-45 is smaller than the Glock 21SF, even though the FNP-45 holds one additional round in the magazine than the Glock. Both guns are controllable in rapid fire, but the nod goes to the FNP-45. I like the DA/SA fire control mechanism of the FNP-45 over the Glock's "safe action", but that's a personal preference thing. The second strike capability of the FNP-45 is a plus, although both pistols have 100% reliability. The FNP-45 is markedly more accurate than the Glock 21SF. I am left-handed, so of course holsters for both models are a pain in the neck to find. Overall, I'd say the Glock 21SF is very, very good. The FNP-45 is fantastic!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies............. ;)

I've called the gun stores around our area, and no-one has a .45 in stock. So I'll just have to wait and see if I can try one at the next gun show in our area.

I did rent the Glock 36, and that felt pretty comfortable, however it's a single stack slimline so it's not really a valid comparison.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SheNINE

I hope you are able to find a firearm that will work for you try the ones you want then make up your mind. My girlfriend had a S&W 3913 lady smith she could not get used to it, she shot my sig 225 now its hers, heavy gun better control and groups

·
Registered
323 Posts
CDNN had them for something around $510 (+shipping and FFL transfer fee) last time I looked.
I have been CCWing it for about 2 months with the larger backstrap.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Free shipping during the buying panic? :D
$507 + $25-30 FFL is nice. I am thinking of getting a duplicate in case things really get bad with the messiah.

·
Registered
735 Posts
She hasn't shot it yet, but my girlfriend said it's comfortable in her hands. She can reach the controls and trigger easily enough, and I definitely would have guessed it too large for her small hands.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I put on the flat strap last night and hope to test tomorrow. It feels a little less comfortable than the curved because I think it puts my wrist in a different position, but we will see.
In any case, it is remarkably easy to grip with either strap for such a high capacity 45. :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts