FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The January 2008 issue of American Rifleman has a story covering all the FNP line, including the FNP 45.

It is a very positive write up, in which they test for accuracy all models of FNP. The FNP 45 was the most accurate of the bunch.

They give a list price of $735 for it.

Can't wait to see one in my hands...

:?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The February issue G&A 'Handguns' magazine also had a good write up of the FNP-45...by Greg Rodriguez. They also review a nice CZ P-01 and the Walther PPS.

For those not interested in the G21 SF or the XD-45, this FNP-45 may be the ticket. I'm not a huge fan of DA/SA, however, if it has a great SA trigger -- I could own something like the FNP-45. The grip looks very comfortable as well.

I can't wait to hear FN Forum user opinions of it when they hit the shelves.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The American Rifleman piece was written by Wiley Clapp, he also had some good comments on the FNP 9M.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I got the magazine in the mail yesterday and was gonna post something about it - but ya beat me to it :?

It looked like the FNP45 made some good group sizes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree - it was a great article and just wets my appetite even more for the FNP-45. However, if you'll recall, American Rifleman did a glowing review of the Taurus OSS .45 ACP last February; that gun has yet to hit the shelves. I hope FN is more on the ball with actually delivering their product. I'd MUCH rather buy an FN product than a Taurus product any day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd like to know the REAL story behind the hype, and interminable delay...and maybe the factory reps would, too. It's obvious they have no clue .

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
At the last Q&A, it was stated that there was a hold up with the extractors - but apparently that has been fixed.

We all really have no idea what it is like to have to get parts made and obtained from multiple sources. The HK45 and HK P30 took forever to come out. The PX4 45 looks like its being pushed back until late spring/summer 08.

I am not a Tauruss fan, but thei OSS model looks to be a long time in coming. That Kimber KPD took about 1.5 years to come out after they even had it in their catalogs (I STILL have yet to see one of these in person - I hear bad stuff about them).

New gun designs can take time. None of us know what all the potential delays are caused by....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let's hope the FNP45 shows up soon, because the Beretta PX4 Storm 45 is available now. The selling price seems to be in the $500 range.

We all really have no idea what it is like to have to get parts made and obtained from multiple sources. The HK45 and HK P30 took forever to come out. The PX4 45 looks like its being pushed back until late spring/summer 08.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yea, after U told me - I went and checked. They are selling the law enforcement models right now (of the PX4 45) in limited #'s right now...

My point was just that all these guns took a long time to come out even after we started seeing them pop up in magazine articles months and months back....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ship is right.

I don't think the delay on the FNP45 is all that long.

The HK45 was in Shotgun News about 3 years ago and they just started shipping a couple of weeks ago. The PX4 45 was shown at the 2007 SHOT show and just started shipping. So, it does take a while to get ATF approval and ramp up production.

People need to remember that gun companies generally have limited resources. This is why the anti-gun forces started doing lawsuits- knowing that unlike tobacco companies, gun makers can't afford endless lawsuits and would go out of business or agree to draconian restrictions, imposed by courts instead of Congress, on how they could do business.

So, instead of having tens of thousands of workers churning out new guns, they generally have dozens. This is one of the reasons it takes a long time for new models to show up at your dealer's.

Yea, after U told me - I went and checked. They are selling the law enforcement models right now (of the PX4 45) in limited #'s right now...

My point was just that all these guns took a long time to come out even after we started seeing them pop up in magazine articles months and months back....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts