FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Does anyone know where I can get just the base parts for the 15rnd mags? I would like to replace the 14rndrs with the 15's...I do not care about the witness windows not matching up when fully loaded.

Thanks
Wanta B

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jrh3,thank you for the heads up.Looking at the back of the mag it does indeed appear that only the base need be replaced to have 15 rnd mags instead of the 14 rnd cap. :cool: Now I need to find bases to do this.

Wanta B

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recently got several 15rnd mags for the FNP-45 and the differences between them and the 14s are 1)Base plate-extention and 2)Magazine spring,longer on the 15s.

The magazine springs are rather stout on the 14s that came with my pistol so I am going to try them in the 15s and see what happens....

Wanta B

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you are talking about putting the spring from the 14 in the 15 rounder, you may have feed problems it might act like a worn out mag spring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is quite possible.Like I said the springs in my 14s are VERY strong...everyone at the range that has tried the pistol comments on that.So I just want to see what happens.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So has anyone found where to get just the hicap pad?

thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not yet,I am waiting to find out how the 14s do with only the base intsaled.Have not had a chance to try them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah that is how my glock mags are to get the last round in but they fit you just have to put some stank on it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The 14 and 15 round mags have the same number of turns in the spring but the 15 rounder is stretched out more about 1 inch more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure enough,they do have the same number of coils.Just checked all of my FNP-45 magazines to confirm,3=14s and 4=15s.

As I said earlier my 14s are VERY stout.Upon checking them all of mine are merely 1/4" shorter then the 15s!!

So it looks like all one needs to do to go from 14 to 15rnd is obtain a 15's base,check spring leangth,adjust(if needed,I have not tested yet),assemble and go. :shock: Bottom "window" will not match but :roll: .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Now all we gotta do is find the Bases!!! Where are they??????

·
Registered
873 Posts
I doubt FNH will sell the 15 round mag base as a separate part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts