FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
The ones advertised on the gun auction sites online and by online retailers have been in the $570 range.

Figure in the sales tax, shipping, and transfer fees, and it falls in line with the "around $640" I was quoted by my dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A few months back I had my dealer contact a distributor. The MSRP price quoted was $599. Normally, after the "gotta have it now" crowd get theirs, a month or two, the dealers will lower the price to where it will normally sit. In this price range it should be available at $500 to $550 once the dust settles.

Pure speculation on my part, based on past experience.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some FNP-45's have started as high as $630.00 on gunbroker.com, and whomever will pay that much is welcome to 'em.

FNP-40's, OTOH, begin as low as $415.00, with usually one one bidder.

My enthusiasm for the FNP-45 waned to the point that I'm satisfied to let other shooters work out the kinks and pay inflated prices. My FNP-40 will serve me until prices normalize and the FNP-45 becomes a proven weapon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some FNP-45's have started as high as $630.00 on gunbroker.com, and whomever will pay that much is welcome to 'em.

My enthusiasm for the FNP-45 waned to the point that I'm satisfied to let other shooters work out the kinks and pay inflated prices. My FNP-40 will serve me until prices normalize and the FNP-45 becomes a proven weapon.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks like your submit button went into full auto!!!

I agree with the prices being inflated at first, seems to happen with a lot of things when the hype is so high. I even remember it with the XD45.

If I can get my hands on a .40 USG first I'll be pretty dang happy. IT will go nice with the rest of my .40's.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If my FNP9 prooves to be a reliable platform, I would be very interested in picking up a .45 version. Good lookin' gun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
With an MSRP of ~$600, don't hold your breath for many NIB pistols for $500. Even gunbroker kitchen table dealers need to break even. Unlike some other brands, these handguns don't come with inflated prices that are easily lowered because of delusional MSRP prices from the factory.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I held and checked out an FNP45 today at the store, price was $599.00.
That is one of the BIGGEST guns I've ever held. I mean it is HUGE. The grip is just too thick, and slide and the gun itself is like a glock on steroids.
I've held and shot the USP tactical 45 and it didn't feel as large as this gun.
I think I'll pass on it myself for now.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Is the slide wider than a G21?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Definitely. It is way thick. I was not expecting it.

Literally it reminds me of a glock that someone took a magnifying glass to.
Could be a good range blaster, but I only buy guns I can carry and this one isn't.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sounds about perfect then.

For me anyway.

I have a G36 for carry, and want a full size autoloader in .45ACP for home and range duty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up my FNP45 today and it's great. It's no bigger than my SIG P220 and that mag only holds 8 rounds, this holds 14. If you're petite probably not the gun for you but if you average size then this is the one.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
bostondan77 said:
I just picked up my FNP45 today and it's great. It's no bigger than my SIG P220 and that mag only holds 8 rounds, this holds 14. If you're petite probably not the gun for you but if you average size then this is the one.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Big +1.

Pics, pics, and more pics...

:lol:

Congrats sir.

:shock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts