FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new 45 thursday and absolutely love it. Got very lucky because GF bought it for me. Found two problems tonight though and was wondering if anyone else had the same issues. First of all I noticed I had no red stripe to indicate a loaded chamber. Second issue is that my backstraps don't want to stay secured. They both go on well and I hear them click into place but they can be simply slid back off with a light push. Any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The loaded chamber indicator not showing red is normal for these guns. They only stick out a small amount. Just happens to be how they work.
Seems like I read a thread about the backstrap issue and FN resolved it or the guy simply put something under the strap to give it better friction. on the 9's and 40's there is a screw that actually holds the strap in place.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man thanks for the reply I'm gonna run by the gun shop today and see about that backstrap issue. Thanks again

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I wonder why the 45's don't have the screw.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I stopped by the shop today they verified the issue and said they would do whatever it took to resolve the issue. That made me very happy. But I might need to send the gun back to FN :cry: Hope she isn't gone too long. But we'll see. Wish I had the screw in the backstrap though don't know why it doesn't.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont have to send it away have to get a new gun the new strap didnt help so i can shoot the hell outta mine while i wait for the new one

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont have to send it away have to get a new gun the new strap didnt help so i can shoot the hell outta mine while i wait for the new one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts