FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally!!!! Mine came back on Friday morning.

So this AM (Saturday) I rolled up to the commercial indoor range with 150 rounds of S&B 230 ball and 63 rounds of assorted defensive ammo I had laying around.

Had one FTF with Speer Gold Dot LE 230 gr. This occurred very early in the session and never happened again. I am not concerned. It shot well, but not as accurate as the Hornady or Federal rounds.

The rest of the suspects:

Federal 230 Hydra Shock. Very consistent and accurate.

Hornady 230 +P TAP LE (red box). Even better than the Federals.

Remington 230 Golden Sabre. OK. Not in the same league as the Hornady and Federals.

S&B 230 Ball. Clean, perfect function and when I do my part very accurate as well.

The weapon itself is a pussycat to shoot. Honestly, even with the +P TAP it's recoil was subjectively lower and less sharp than my FNP-40 with any load.

Now, I'm no Sgt. Alvin York, or even a venison-hunter, by any means. My 54 year old eyes have seen better days as well, and I obviously need a lot more practice, but here is some photographic evidence of the FNP-45's goodness in my hands.

All targets shot at 7 yards. (21 feet), using S&B 230 ball ammo.

That jagged hole in the center is what can be done when I take my time and not over think it. That is 10 rounds through that hole. The others were shot on the previous magazine full.

This is a full load (14+1) shot starting from low ready, as fast as the range will allow. They really dislike extreme rapid fire.

I am now officially a believer.

:?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hell Yea! Nothin but fun!
Thanks for the compliment!
Keep shootin! :?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm jealous. I had to stand down on the one I was after due to taxes. But with that behind me now, I'm going to try and secure one ,,, but I still want one with night sights.

--
Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
mbott said:
I'm jealous. I had to stand down on the one I was after due to taxes. But with that behind me now, I'm going to try and secure one ,,, but I still want one with night sights.

--
Mike
Waiting on NS myself.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With whatever sights you get it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I seem to prefer night sights over standard, fixed sights anymore. My two M&Ps (a 40 and a 45) were purchased without them, so I ended up adding them. Was waiting on the standard Trijicons to become available, but S&W is currently buying all the sets that Trijicon is making.

--
Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
With whatever sights you get it will be worth the wait.

And the wait will get longer. The 3/28/08 price list now has the model I want "Available 2nd quarter of 2008". Last one I had said first quarter.

:(

--
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts