FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Wednesday I got around to firing my brand new FNP-45. The gun was cleaned and then lubed with Breakfree prior to firing.

100rnds of WWB 230gr. JHP was purchased from Walmart for $29.88. This is exactly 3 dollars more expensive then the equivelent .40 I am used to shooting. So I am happy there, I think I can afford it. This is my first .45 and I am very used to 9mm and .40S&W. My experience with .45 is very limited, all of about 10-20 rounds during the pistol class I took out of some S&W pistol. Anyway...

The pistol shot great! My first impression was how little the gun recoiled. There was virtually no recoil at all from this gun, it was only a soft shove directly to the rear. The DA trigger pull was not great to say the least, or perhaps just not what I am used to. The SA on the other hand was very nice. SA was short and crisp with a clean predictable breaking point. The pistol functioned flawlessly with zero malfunctions of any kind even with this "cheapo" ammo. Accuracy was very good. When I did my part the gun fired dead center at the Shoot-N-C target stuck to an S-6 silhouette at 25'. I even got a shot in on the 10" steel plates 75' down the end of the range, it swung to the complete other side of it's post! Something I have never seen a 9mm do. ;)

This pistol will be coming with me just about every week now, it's too much fun to leave at home.

I have no complaints about this gun other than the fact that I want some night sights. However, I've ordered some Nite-Siters so I'm hoping they do the trick.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's Great!
I love shootin mine!

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Per the advice from some of the members here I ordered Nite-siters night sights.

www.nitesiters.com

Although they are not tritium, they are a cheap and quick fix for something I can't live without. I still plan on buying tritium when it becomes availible. Companies like Ameriglo and Trijicon shouldn't be long on that now.

I ordered the 1/16" dots and I recieved them today. However, the dots fit perfectly into the recessed hole on the front sight but are too large to fit into the smaller recessed holes on the rear sight. Take note that 1/16" nitesiters will not fit the FNP-45 rear sight.

In contrast, I am very happy with my new glowing front sight and impressed with the product thus far. :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
I just forced my Nitesiters into the rear sight with the wooden tool that is supplied in the kit. It took some time, and I ruined one or two, but I got them in there and they work as advertised. Just remember to charge them with a flourescent light and not a standard bulb.

:?

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put another 100 rounds of WWB through it yesterday. Again, it functioned flawlessly with zero malfunctions. I tried the flat backstrap but ultimately decided I like the curved one better. The more I shoot it, the more I like it.

Blitzpig, I too ruined a nite siter dot trying to push it into the holes on the rear sight. I suppose I should try again and see if I can get them in there. I am charging the sights with a UV blacklight actually which makes them glow very nicely. :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
You might try sanding the wooden pick to a smaller diameter.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did use a sharp razor blade to trim the dots a little and managed to finally get them into the recessed holes on the rear sight. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts