FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After giving it its first cleaning and lubrication, and after trying both the arched and straight backstraps I decided to go with the straight one, then I took my new FNP-45 to the range. I brought along my Smith&Wesson M&P-45 as well. I shot most of my groups at 21 ft. and a few at 45 ft.

The FNP-45 functioned flawlessly. I used three different types of ammo, all of it was 230 grs FMJ. The ammo I shot today was, Aguila, Independence and Sellier&Bellot. The Independence was the most accurate and the Aguila was the dirtiest.

The FNP-45 is well balanced and very easy to shoot. It has an ambidextrous magazine release and the mag drop freely with no problems. Recoil felt normal if not a little on the light side for a .45 ACP and muzzle rise is very manageable.

This is a DA/SA pistol and the DA pull is a little long but its smooth. The SA pull is sweet.

This is a great gun and I would recommend anyone who is in the market for a .45 to give the FNP-45 a try.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Is the pick with the target your 45 ft. one?

Looks like you might eventually shoot better wiht the FNP-45 seeing as how the targets are essentially the same for both firearms (and the FNP being new) :?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
djv38 said:
Is the pick with the target your 45 ft. one?
Yep, 45 ft from the bench rest position.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well Iscore the target shot with the FNP better than that of the S&W. I think that's great shooting with a gun that was fresh out of the box with no prior use on the first time out. thanks for the report and the excellent pics.
:?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts