FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on an FNP .45 SAO? I did a search, but came up dry, sorry if this is already covered in another thread - I have not logged in for a while. :roll:

I like the USG Tan, but an OD Green FNP .45 in SAO would just r0ck! :p
[I can dream cant I]

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Best you could do is the USG with external safety so you could carry cocked and locked. The OD green... They might eventually release that if the right people show interest.

·
Registered
203 Posts
All black versions of the USG are available right now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do features differ from FNP vs. USG? FN's website does not work well - looks like the USG is also DA/SA.

Cant figure out why the FNP 9/40 are offered in SAO, but the 45 isnt. Im sitting tight for an SAO version .45 from FN

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Standard FNP is DA/SA with decocker only. USG is DA/SA, but it has a safety that allows for cocked and locked.

SAO versions of the 9mm/40 cal FNPs were discontinued. There are no more. Been that way for a while.

Unless the 1911 crowd barks enough, I don't see a SAO version of the FNP45 - as I don't think sales were that great on the SAO versions of the 9mm/40.

Just get the USG - it is the same thing. U can do cocked and locked like an HK USP.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
USG sounds like a good compromise, I carry in Condition 1.

If I want SAO the Colt 1911 will work, it has for almost 100 yrs now. :cool:

·
Registered
319 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Standard FNP is DA/SA with decocker only. USG is DA/SA, but it has a safety that allows for cocked and locked.

SAO versions of the 9mm/40 cal FNPs were discontinued. There are no more. Been that way for a while.

Unless the 1911 crowd barks enough, I don't see a SAO version of the FNP45 - as I don't think sales were that great on the SAO versions of the 9mm/40.

Just get the USG - it is the same thing. U can do cocked and locked like an HK USP.
The only difference between them is the USG has serrations on the front of the slide and comes with one 15 round mag.

DA/SA manual safety comes in both flavors.
USG's are Black and Bitone and IIRC the FDE ones will be out the end of this year or early next year.
So far as I have seen the USG manual safety is the only one available with the shooters pack. http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=G47977

1 - 8 of 8 Posts