FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my FNP9. I'm considering the 45. Does any one know if the 45 will be the same grip size as the 9? Usually the grip is thicker in the 45 version. I hope not. I couldn't find this info on the FNH site. Besides the barrel being 41/2" are there any other differences?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My questions are answered. Just received a copy of American Rifleman. In it was a review of FNH pistols & a test review of the FNP-45.
Barrel: 4-1/2"
Length: 7-7/8
Height: 5-3/4"
Width: 1-5/8"- Should of expected the extra width because of the 14 rounds.
Weight Empty: 33.2 Oz.
Mag Capacity: 14

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hmm 14+1 of .45acp is tempting.

I just gave up on getting a Beretta PX4 full-size as it only has 9+1 .45ACP capacity, which is disappointing considering my PX4 the 9mm has 17+1 and even my subcompact PT145 Taurus has 10+1 at 2/3 the size.

I'll have to check out the FNP45 once it comes out. :shock:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the video link. I REALLY want to try one of those new FNP-45s for LEO duty use.
So do I, but the serious lack of holsters and plans to make holsters for the gun have me concerned. The last time I spoke with someone at Safariland, they told me they don't even plan on making a holster available for the FNP45 with a weapon mounted light. They have one holster that I know of, the 6280 model. That's about it.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I got my Gun&Ammo magazine yesterday and it has a FNP45 on the cover. Time to go read it.
:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts