FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but not new to FN's. Anyways after putting down 1000+ rounds through 45T my only complaint is the grip. It's a little bulky (understandably so) and the pyramid texture wasn't my favorite so I decided to do something about it. So after an hour or so with the dremel I removed quite a bit of the grip and got rid of all the factory texture. Then spent another 1.5+ stippling. I personally felt it turned out pretty decent. Bare with me as I try and figure how to post some pics

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Looks great!:? Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: JesseChivers

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Notice any increase in flex in the grip? Looks pretty good so far :?

I've considered doing a stippling job on my 9. Did you use a soldering iron?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have only fired one mag through it so far and no noticeable flex or any other issues so far. I did use a soldering iorn with a tip that i made myself (I have done a couple other stippling jobs). Also the back strap is made out of a different plastic\polymer and was a little more difficult to get the desired effect

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks and yes I noticed a huge difference in the size. I have medium sized hands and the gun fits great in my mitts now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Normal chop and stipple jobs give me nightmares but yours, I kinda like. Good job . You did well
I agree. Unexpectedly it also makes the 15 round base look better too.

Reactions: JesseChivers
1 - 11 of 11 Posts