FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This a fun pistol to shoot. The RMR03 is a big plus at the range and is zeroed for 25 yards. Powder residue builds up on the RMR, but doesn't become an impediment to target acquisition, even after 100 rounds. The LaserMax Green Laser is also zeroed for 25 yards but tough to spot at 25 yards on a bright day on a standard black and white target. A little trick for spotting the laser on a target at 25 yards and beyond on bright days is to use aluminium backed air conditioning duct tape (2"x2" square) on the center of your target. The green laser will become very visible when the beam is on the reflective tape. Powder residue must also be cleaned off the laser lens after a trip to the range. All and all, this is a solid weapon.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Nice looking gun. I'm not sure I'd personally go with a laser on the gun, especially with the RMR on top. I'd personally opt for a light.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
.......Or you can have the best of both worlds.... Green laser / Light
View attachment 6480
Hey Capice!!!

Can you tell me if you get alot of "fogging" or residue on the RMR when you shoot with the suppressor?

I posted a thread asking that question --> http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnp/32095-fogging-rmr-fnp-x-45-tactical-suppressor-installed.html

I am anxious to get an FNX45-Tactical and set it up similar to what you show (except for the light/laser) and heard a comment about the "fog effect" or excess gas from the chamber due to the suppressor.

Can you comment on it? If it is not too much trouble, can you comment (again) in my thread?

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I apologize about the lagg with the reply. I have the Burris fast fire 2 at the moment and as it currently stands there is no fog that gathers on it. Now, the RMR is sitting higher so that may be the reason that you have that issue. I'm looking to upgrade to the fast fire 3 sooner than later though I can't wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts