FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go..

I have a HK USP in 45 - holds 12+1. Very Happy with it. Have a G21 and G30 - again - very happy.

Looking to get an FNP .45 (with the new 15 round magazines). Not looking for a Match Pistol. Nice Truck Gun that can do 1" groups at 15 - 20 yards, and has a crisp trigger Pull.

Is the FNP the way to go??

·
Registered
8 Posts
i too am in the market for a fnp.... i want the .40 though....

as far as a truck gun, i think the FNP would make the most sense, do to the SA/DA, and also its clip size...

as far as the accuracy, ive heard they are pretty spot on, especially in sandbag tests, or with any other assistants...

so as far as the 1" groups at 15-30yards, thats prolly all up to how it fits your grip, and simply your shooting skills

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmmmmm.....they work for me.......maybe ONLY for me???

·
Registered
8 Posts
from what i gather, the crack problem is very SMALL, and the gun actually still fires fine after the crack, but should get repaired....

also i've read that the crack has only been reported in about .0005 ( 300 of the 600,000) of the fnp sold thus far.... prolly more likely to have a failure to fire, before you get the crack.... and if you are unlucky enough to get the crack.... it still fires, and its only a 10-30 day turn around for a repair/replace

better then drawing your pistol, an having the clip fall out.... lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xlxwawaxlx said:
from what i gather, the crack problem is very SMALL, and the gun actually still fires fine after the crack, but should get repaired....

also i've read that the crack has only been reported in about .0005 ( 300 of the 600,000) of the fnp sold thus far.... prolly more likely to have a failure to fire, before you get the crack.... and if you are unlucky enough to get the crack.... it still fires, and its only a 10-30 day turn around for a repair/replace

better then drawing your pistol, an having the clip fall out.... lol
Thanks..
Small numbers of problems is a good sign! Does FN post this information?.. If the mag fell out, I hope that I could get at least the 1st shot off - unless I have one of those magazine safeties.

·
Registered
8 Posts
heard those numbers from one of the guys at FNH, but havnt seen it on hard paper.... but the clip falling out problem was either the S&W M&P, or the hk, cant remember

·
Registered
38 Posts
so FNP45 is on market? this is good news

now to find one. I was a doh doh and should have looked on gunbroker before i posted above, look's like several are on broker. But i prefer to buy locally..Im like a kid and can't wait for shipping on new guns

1 - 10 of 10 Posts