FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there are any real differences between the FNP-45 Vs. FNX-45? Prior to the launch of the FNX-45 the operating system of the FNP-45 was the same as that on the FNX 9 and 40. There was no safety on the FNP 9 and 40, with only a decocking lever so you could not carry those pistols in condition one and the FNX 9 and 40 did have the safety lever and could be carried that way. This is the way the FNP-45 was designed. When they transitioned to the FNX-45 I could not find any data describing the differences between the two pistols. This, combined with the fact that FN has done away with the FNP line altogether, would lead me to believe that, in the case of the 45, this was simply a nomenclature change to avoid the confusion and consolidate the line. Does anyone have any additional information on this or believe that I am correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
There's several threads on this, but I'll correct some of your info and fill in some questions.

The FNP-9 and 40 and 45 were all available as decock only, or with the safety (USG version), so all can be carried cocked and locked (like I do with my FNP-9 when I carry it).

The FNX vs FNP (45 version). Added forward slide serrations and manual/decock lever only. The mag well was made slightly larger to accommodate slightly longer mags (that was necessary to run 45 ACP ammo that was a touch on the long side). The feed ramp geometry was also changed resulting in a more supported chamber. The pin in the trigger walking out was also remedied by punching the ends expanding it so it can't walk out on its own. A stronger recoil spring assembly was also implemented in the later FNP 45's and carried over to the FNX.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts